“ Best crime brûlée in the world!”

La Table du Chateau
Ranked #4 of 1,138 Restaurants in Mauritius
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 53
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: La Table du Château is a contemporary fine dining restaurant in the heart of Domaine de Labourdonnais and welcomes you in a wooded and modern atmosphere. Chef Fabio Poli proposes a gastronomic and creative menu inspired by the fruits and vegetables of the orchid. La Table du Château is open 7 days a week for lunch, from Wednesday to Saturday evening (with a different lunch and dinner menu) and all week for your private parties on reservation. Chef Fabio Poli has over 20 years of experience in the kitchen of well-known hotels. With its gains, he offers a new facet of home cooking and flavours of Mauritius, rigorously selecting ingredients and spices . You will discover the Bael fruit, Malagasy pistachios or breadfruit , unknown today since become flavours of yesteryear ... So you can enjoy as you wish, Catch of the day, glazed with Soya and maple syrup Wok sautéed Udon noodles with vegetables, buttered spring herbs greens or rather a dry lamb curry with croutons of bread, roasted almonds and raisins, seasonal kucha pickles , steamed rice and black lentils , or other creative dishes as all that will awaken your senses. And for the delight taste buds, the desserts are not to be outdone Bananas " zanzli " Roasted Toffee sauce or crème brûlée with vanilla of Labourdonnais are among the various sweet and delicate flavours .
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

What a worthwhile trip up to this restaurant. The service was excellent and the food amazing...we had a fresh fish dish to die for, oh my soul...... I was so happy eating this. I see myself as a crime brûlée foodie and I was not disappointed, I have eaten this dessert all over the world and I must say this was the best I have had the pleasure of eating. Please try their lychee wine that is made at the estate, it was recommended by our excellent hostess Tina. Thanks Tina for making our experience at the restaurant special. We will come back here again.

La Table du Châ... M, Owner at La Table du Chateau, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear Mr Winnie V,
It was our pleasure to welcome you annd wr are very happy you had an enjoyable experience @ La Table du Château.
We will be very happy to wecome you again,
Culinary yours,

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at the restaurant. Complete with cold hand towels on arrival, excellent service and a delicious lunch and reasonably priced (our meals cost around 650 each, cocktails around 350, desserts around 380). We had the lamb, and the chicken & prawn curry. Both delicious, good sized portions! Warm bread and butter and a delicious bilimbi achard served before the meal. Desserts were different, the whole grain crumble was a bit strange - as nice as it sounds, whole grain and dessert don't really go together. The creme brule was delicious! The caramel tart was tasty but a bit grainy, should be completely smooth. Drinks were also delicious, the kiwi cocktail is very good!! Good coffee too. I would recommend going for the tasting before you eat because after the meal you're so full, that even the thought of sampling a tot glass of juice is horrifying... I think this is why they suggest that you eat first because you don't have space for the tasting afterwards ;) The lady doing the tasting seemed as though we were really inconveniencing her. The other staff were all extremely pleasant and the service was excellent!! Thank you to Tina and the rest of the team for looking after us so well. The boutique is horribly overpriced. Rs 1500 for a keyring just to give you an example... But all in all a worthwhile day out in a beautiful setting, with 5-star friendly service that you don't often find outside of the hotels in Mauritius. It's nice to be surprised, in a good way, for a change!

1  Thank LUECKS
La Table du Châ... M, Owner at La Table du Chateau, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear Mr Luecks,
Thank you very much for your review.
We are very honored you liked your experience @ La Table du Château. We do propose to eat before the tasting because many people said to us that "Rhum arrangé" ( fruits with Rum ) is better as a digestif ;) but it is a matter of taste. If you choose juice, maybe it is better before :)
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon,

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We went for dinner with friends on Friday night, and then again for lunch and to visit the Chateau. The food and the service are both superb, whilst the setting is stunning. Will definitely be going back!

La Table du Châ... M, Owner at La Table du Chateau, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Mr Fussyrach,
All the team and myself would like to thank you for your visit and your review.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

For my birthday my daughter gifted me a dinner voucher for two at ' La Table du Chateau Restaurant "in Mapou. On Saturday 31.03.18 my wife and I reached the restaurant at
1900. We received a very warm welcome. The barman prepared a special cocktail for us. From our table we had a splendid view of ' Le Chateau de Labourdonnais ".
As starters we had lobster bisque soup with mild spices followed by coconut and crab salad. As main course, my wife had braised lamb and I took duck salmi. We relished both dishes. For dessert we had a succulent crème brulee. We really enjoyed the dinner which was perfect.
All the staff were friendly and very helpful. We would like to thank the staff for helping to make this occasion memorable.

La Table du Châ... M, Owner at La Table du Chateau, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Samoorgum S,
Thank you very much for your review.
We are very happy you enjoyed your evening @ La Table du Château.
We wish you once again an happy birthday!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We had the tortellini and a vanilla crumble that we strongly recommend.
Vinal, Kunal, Niven, and Rishi, the director, took care of us wonderfully.

Dear Nedkunst,
A huge thank you for your review and your visit!
Wil be a pleasure to welcome you again,