I stayed at the Simama Hotel for one and half weeks.
- Comfortable bed and room with working air-conditioning
- Staff are friendly
- Fairly Central Location in Lilongwe
- Working TV in room with two international news channels and a range of local channels
- The hotel advertises free Wifi but this rarely works sufficiently to browse the most basic of websites or retrieve emails. My advice is to purchase an Airtel SIM card with data and create your own hotspot.
- The menu in the restaurant lacks variety. Consists of expensive meat, a burger, a few sandwiches, a lot of different curries and some Chinese dishes. No African dishes.
- The restaurant and bar are tucked away in windowless rooms at the back of the hotel
- No concept of a concierge. When seeking a different meal or place to have a drink, the staff were unable to provide suggestions.
- Breakfast is the same every day: egg, baked beans, fried potatoes and fried tomatoes. On one of the mornings, I was served raw tomato and cold baked beans. Sometimes there is cereal and fruit on offer as well.
- Coffee is bad. Tastes like the filter coffee machine is kept on 24 hours per day, resulting in a burned and stale tasting drink.More
- Free Parking