President Walmont Hotel
Pacific Hotel(Lilongwe)
Jumia Travel
Logic Inn(Lilongwe)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfive star hotelterrace barpanoramic viewrooms are spaciousnew chefexecutive chefenglish equivalenttub waterinternet worked wellala cartreliable wifiaverage qualitybusiness hotelmodern hotelan excellent hotelbath and showerhigh class hotel
Reviewed 18 April 2018

the room was clean and fantastic. I also like the general appearance and location of the hotel. General I also liked the way your staff handle customers. Their customer care was super keep it up I like it very much.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Temwa k, Manager at President Walmont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for supporting the President Walmont hotel and for completing our E-Questionnaire

On behalf of all the management and employees at President Walmont hotel, we would like to thank you sincerely for your kind comments.
These will be passed onto the specific department so that we can use the opportunity to praise the employees and create a positive awareness of caring guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Regards

Reviewed 10 April 2018

I stayed at this hotel for a week while traveling for work. The pros are that this hotel is very centrally located to Lilongwe. The rooms are quite spacious, and are kept very clean. The beds are very comfortable, and I slept very well. The breakfast buffet in the morning is also quite good. The hotel brought live music into the lounge a few nights, and that was a lot of fun. The security on site is very good as well.There is a terrace level bar, but I did not have a chance to visit it.

The cons include that the WiFi was very spotty. At its best it was ok, at its worst it was inaccessible. There are only a few elevators, so be prepared to wait a few minutes. For a couple days during my stay, one of the elevators was out, and the wait was even longer. Furthermore, one evening, seconds after I stepped out of the elevator the power cut out. It only lasted for 30-1 minute, but for those trapped in the elevator during that time, I'm sure it felt much longer! There is a gym with a good selection of weights and cardio machines, though many of the cardio machines did not work while I was there (though this could possibly because directions are in Chinese...though I do know how to work an elliptical even despite that). The restaurant, while providing a good breakfast, was only okay at dinner. The hotel is also one of the more expensive options in the area.

Overall, the hotel is fine, I'd probably rate it between 3-4 stars if I could. I don't know any other hotels in Lilongwe to compare it to, so it's possible you could do better or find something similar for less money. I'd definitely consider staying here again, though I'd also be open to something else if I trusted the person making the referral.

Room Tip: I was pretty high up (11th floor), and would recommend that.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Temwa k, Manager at President Walmont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for supporting President Walmont hotel.

We appreciate the time it takes to bring to our attention the service issues that you experienced and be assured that this is investigated by each department manager to ensure that we constantly improve our standards.

As we work together towards these improvements, we sincerely hope that this particular experience does not jeopardise our valuable relationship.

Regards,

Temwa Kanjadza

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I would not recommend staying (or eating) here. The check in process was slow and they could not find my booking, even with a reference. My room was nice enough and well appointed, but the rate was excessive. The restaurant for dinner was poor. Service was below par, my fillet steak, was not...it was full of gristle and lacked flavour and was over-cooked.

By choice I will not return.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for supporting the President Walmont hotel, and thank you very much for completing our E-Questionnaire.

We are disappointed to learn of your negative experience with us.

Our team takes complaints of this nature very seriously. Each incident reported to us, is reviewed by the department manager for inconsistencies and brought to senior management’s attention for resolution.

We understand your frustrations have been caused by a service standard that is not what you expected from us and we will immediately begin work on correcting this.

Regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The room rate is pretty high but the wifi in the hotel is not working properly. When I am lucky, I could use it for short period of time. Easy to cut the connection.
I Do NOT recommend you to be here if you really need internet connection.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 April 2018

The service at President Walmont Hotel is excellent. Cleanliness, value for money as well as location (right at the center of the Capital City) excellent too. I am a person who would like to be associated with excellent things at all times, and President Walmont Hotel meets the criteria for being classified an excellent hotel. Those who also like excellent things should give it a try, and I am confident that everyone will prove me right. KEEP IT UP WALMONT HOTEL

Room Tip: Maintain your excellent standards
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business