“Terrible! ”

Bedouin Pool Lounge
Ranked #223 of 282 Restaurants in Accra
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mediterranean, Seafood, Grill
Description: Come & discover the Hidden Jewel of East Legon (Accra, Ghana). The Ultimate Landmark Swimming pool lounge found in the heart of Lizzy Sports Complex with a unique, seductive, sizzling atmosphere. Take a dip in our pool during the day or night and enjoy our pulsating lounge bar with food, drinks & signature cocktails that satisfy your every craving. Bedouin Pool Lounge is the place to lose yourself
Reviewed 29 January 2016 via mobile

Had dinner there with a couple of friends! The waiter got my friends cocktails wrong and tried to bill us for his mistake. Food was terrible and expensive. I had the mixed meat grill and couldn't eat it because it tasted like dry meat in stew. My other friend ordered a cranberry- orange cocktail but rather got cranberry - mango so instead of sending it back we suggested they buffer it with orange juice. However the bar man refused to top it up with the orange juice but rather served us a ton of attitude. Save yourself the disappointment

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Bedouin Pool Lounge

Reviewed 14 January 2016

i was very exited at first to have such a facility near my home in East Legon
after visiting 4 times i stopped going there.
Can just confirm the reviews and complain from previous visitors

they dont like people enjoying around the pool on weekends, they just collect the money but no service or appreciation.

Bedouine restaurant

very unprofessional staff, they all enjoy themselves but no proper attendance to guest.
music far to loud, service lazy and unfriendly, no manager for complain or suggestions around
far overpriced for what it is
nobody checks the review or even reply???

last time i had a salad and three hours later i started to run to toilette
that was the end for me to go to Bedouine Resto or Pool again

2  Thank werner s
Reviewed 4 November 2015

Lizzy Sports Complex has been my sports center for the past 3 months and I go there at least twice a week to swim. The pool is superb, costs GHS 30 cedis for each time you go swimming ($ US 8!) and the soccer fields are in top shape. But that is about all unfortunately.

Indeed, I have eaten many times at Bedouin Pool Lounge but it's a pain each time as the waiters are the lazyiest, most discourteous waiters I have EVER seen! I wonder how they can have a job there or anywhere else.

Eventhough they all know me by now, each time, it is a battle to get the menu or enjoy a meal,. They will take forever to bring you a lemon juice or a glass of wine and, oftenm I just go to the bar to get the drinks myself, They just don't care at all about the clients and are more interrested about watching TV, talking to one another or just not doing anything at all. It's just unbelievable! I have never seen a manager there nor the ownerand all your complaints will be useless.

As a matter of fact, if I write this review it's only for the travelers as I believe that nobody in there cares nor read TripAdvisor.

All the plates are served with hot pepper (chili) so make sure that you ask that your food has no pepper and REPEAT IT several times, Insist!

This is not a restaurant but more a pub style food place with pizzas, burgers, kebabs, things like that. Nothing fancy, not well cooked but quite expensive for what you get. As for the wine, it is just outrageous: a GHS 30 cedis bottle ($US 8) sold in stores for the simpliest white wine costs...GHS 100 cedis there ($ US 27) and they offen only want to sell by the bottle and not by the glass.

Besides that, the food is just acceptable, especially the pizza and the kebabs which are your best bets. At night, around 7hPM, weeks or week-ends, you can buy small chicken kebabs cooked on a BBQ for GHS 5cedis ( $ US 1, 32) but they come with nothing.

Another thing that I find very annoying is the loud music. they have a disco inside for nightime but have DJ's all day long whom is palying muisc by and for himself and blasts the music though the client have come to read and relax by the pool, or work like I do. You can complain many times, he won't put the music down, except if you get really mad. In addition, I don't know if at this pace the speakers blew up but, lately, the sound is just despicable. I am so sick of it that, if at the beginning I used to go swimming 3 to 4 times a week, now I go twice and, sometimes, I don't go for a week or two.

This place is just a shame because it has potential but they're not only not doing anything to improve, they are ruining it!

BTW, they do have shishas to smoke but at GHS 25 cedis each ($US 7), I don't renew the experience often.

2  Thank Nancy R
Reviewed 14 August 2015

I get the kind of establishment they think they are but the service and quality of the food betrays those ambitions and the cost you'll pay for it too. Four staff members behind the bar, talking rather than serving. They just always seem distracted by something else, not particularly work-related.

Reviewed 11 April 2015

I visited the restaurant for dinner late Friday and it seems the service attended to those they knew or liked. I sat for over 30 minutes yet no body came to attend to me. I had to literally beg a waiter to bring the menu, but the waiter succeeded in whispering the available food to my ears. It was a horrific experience, hence I ended up picking chicken and chips as take away. The quality of the food was a total trash. The place was never meant to be a restaurant, but a smoking and drinking pub. The staff were busy running up and down yet attending least to customers.