“GREAT FOOD !!”

Ranked #15 of 92 Hotels in Accra
lagos
“GREAT FOOD !!”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

.Since we live locally we ate here a great many times loved the food and the ambience is good too. a bit on the expensive side but very enjoyable none the less!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Bertha d, Director of Sales at Golden Tulip Accra, responded to this review, 22 May 2015
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review of our restaurant. We are pleased you enjoyed the food and ambience of the restaurant.

Sales & Marketing Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Nice weather,perfect location,10mins from the airport,new room,great live band by the pool..But horrible staff attitude...!!!

Food and Beverage : I asked for a cutlery as there are none on my table for breakfast. I even walk up to the spare cutlery station by myself,and asked for it. Instead of giving me a set,she replied,"it's there on the table!" i said" no it s not,can i please have them? " then again she said" it s there..!" ..so i see no point of argue instead i went to get myself a cutlery from other table..What make me angry it that she was standing at the station doing nothing..!

Upon settling the bill at the front desk, i should have 0.60 change of ghana currency( which equal USD 0.36,GBP 0.23,THB 11.46,EUR 0.28 on the 11 JAN 2012) ..The cashier told me" I don't have coins,is it ok if i don't give you back the change?" so i said " well,i don't understand " then the hotel staff said" here,the coin is small amount of money,we often don't give back the change if they are coins and the same we do to the guest. If the total bill come to amount that you have to pay with coins,we often let the guest go." then i said" well,I expect to have my change back as prefer to give them to the poor on the street." the staff replied," well,that how it works around here"..then they just have to give me back the change of 0.50 for the sake of doing it..and also upset at me.. I just wonder if they do this to all the guest they check out,how much money they can make into their pocket per day..!!!..Grrrrr...

Room Tip: Room with swimming pool view often noisy when they have a live band at night.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Yadita
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your positive comments about our facilities. Please be assured that the areas of concern stated have since been addressed.

Abuja, Abuja Capital Territory, Nigeria
Reviewed 20 December 2011

We 3 spent nights for our wedding anniversary and the service was great. The food was very good and reception warm. I strongly recommend it.

Room Tip: Choose the "No Smoking" wing.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Bertha d, Director of Sales at Golden Tulip Accra, responded to this review, 28 May 2015
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are delighted you had a memorable stay.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I stayed at The Golden Tulip hotel in Accra for a few days in November and even though the place was ok the first time I stayed there in 2008, some parts has actually improved.

The room was nicer and cleaner than I remember and the wireless internet worked perfectly. Breakfast was what can be expected. Fruit, a variety of cold cuts and juices and of course the mandatory omelette chef.

However, I was disappointed by the restaurant at all other hours. I had the snapper for dinner one evening and a ham and cheese sandwich as an evening snack another, and none of them was good. Plus I had to wait for an eternity for the fish, even though the restaurant was half empty. When it finally arrived, it was dry and not at all worth the waiting.

Another disappointment was the staff. I really think that nice and caring staff does a lot for the well-being of the guest. To me it’s more important than high standard. The staff at the Golden Tulip was not rude, but neither especially nice. The only, really nice person I met was a man who seemed to be responsible for customer care (convenient uh?). I think his name was Isac. He was very nice to me and made me feel very well taken care of.

I will stay at the Golden Tulip again, but I really wish the management would send the staff to a customer care course before I do. And preferably do something about the menu as well.

Room Tip: The bungalows at the far end of the pool area was not nice. Very spacious though.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Mrs_Kiasi_Gani
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We appreciate the positive comments and we assure you that the areas of concern have been adequately dealt with.

Mumbai, India
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Had visited Golden Tulip during my business trip to Ghana

The staff is friendly, food is good. Had issues wherein I was getting some other room calls, it took the management 3 days to rectify it. apart from this it is an ideal place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the basement wing rooms (1st floor) which have a great garden view.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Hetal S
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your positive comments.