“great lunch every day on my trip”

H-Street Cafe & Grill
Ranked #187 of 280 Restaurants in Accra
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 5 June 2016

Local dishes are great! fresh fish or other local dishes are work a try. I loved the "red red" which is a bean and rice dish with yummy spices and fish or chicken on the side, here all food is delicious and arrives quickly.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for H-Street Cafe & Grill

Reviewed 6 July 2015

Impressive home page but disappointing reality
After traveling through Accra I expected something like advertised on their home page
Food was "not good at all". Only one Beer from the home brewery?
Kitchen and service needs serious training and food improvement mandatory

Since opening the place must have lost all of the good concept
I don't know where from the good reviews are coming. 2012 ? Many years back

Finally they even did not had change to give back when you pay the bill

Reviewed 7 August 2012

wow that was great.hghjkkfytyfv kj,gukfygyhftdfxcfdktyhujhujh oojikjhghf,ghvfkgfh nh,hdgdfghfghcv.jlutffdfsdsdasesyuyuhkiuibnjbjyh.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

Lots of space outside though not too many people there in the middle of the week. Enough parking. Although there was a TV it wasn't too loud. Service was OK. Highlights for me were smoothie (definitely tasting fresh), some really locally brewed beer and grilled vegetables were very good.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

I visited H-Street Cafe & Grill with my fiancee on Valentine's Day, where we had some lunch along with a couple of friends.

This place is one of several exciting new restaurant options in Accra, which provides a great alternative to having strictly local fare. The meals consist of burgers, pizza, salads, pasta, as well as some local dishes. I had pizza, which was not too bad, although not up to the calibre of the Italian restaurants you will find in Osu. My fiancee had grilled chicken & rice, which she regarded as being reasonably good. In addition, I had a vanilla milkshake, which was pretty good.

I really liked the interior - there was a HD television, and all the fitting were modern. The staff were very polite. The only thing I would criticize is that there was a fee to use the wi-fi, which I think in this day and age is a little ridiculous. Most people will be at a place like that for around an hour, so why not follow the examples of some of the coffee house chains around the world, and offer free wi-fi as a drawcard to coming, rather than an extra service, as most people will use very little of the service during their very short time there.

As a suggestion, I felt that maybe a verandah at the front & a pool table would also attract customers. I hope that when I return to Accra, that H-Street Cafe & Grill is fully established (it's a relatively new venture as of Feb 2012). It's not all that far from the Achimota Golf Club, which I go to often, so I hope to visit there before my golf games in the future.