See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 May 2016

Local arrangements had been made with the hotel for an airport pickup and this worked well.
On arrival at the hotel I was quickly checked in and shown to my room. The room was comfortable and clean, though a bit dated. Air-condition worked well. The shower in my room looked like some sort of futuristic cryo-chamber, but worked OK (with selection of various spray nozzles) – other rooms don’t necessarily have this. The bed had a very firm mattress, though I didn’t mind it. There was a study desk, wardrobe (with safe that did not work), dresser, and chairs/table in the main room, with separate sitting room with kitchen area – it seems that I may have ended up with a suite?
For breakfast there were cold and hot options, and lunch and dinner were menu based, though it appeared that not everything on the menu was available.
We used the conference facilities for a four-day workshop, and usual facilities such as projector were available from the hotel. The conference room was locked by security guards when we were at lunch.
The laundry service was very efficient and affordable – I usually dropped laundry off in the morning and had it back by lunchtime or mid-afternoon.
There is also a pool with bar area which is ideal for a drink after work. A gym did not appear to be part of the hotel. Staff were friendly and attentive throughout my stay.
With respect to location, this hotel is located in a pretty quiet residential area. Which is great for a conference, but not necessarily if you’re holidaying. However, a trip to North Ridge say, should cost about 20-30 GHS, while a trip to the airport might be 70 GHS (I’m unsure who much my prearranged airport transfer was). I would suggest you agree on a price before getting into a taxi.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Andreas K
Reviewed 1 September 2015

We - a team of 5 adults - spent 9 nights at the Crystal Palm Hotel recently. The Staff was very gracious and accommodating, especially with our late arrival and number of guests and luggage. The rooms were of various sizes, but each was clean and comfortable. The bed linens were top quality and there were nice big bath towels provided. The hotel has a good generator on site for when the power went out a few times (very common occurrence everywhere in Ghana - but the hotel made sure we always had lights and air conditioning restored quickly). The on site restaurant served a good, hot breakfast every morning; we enjoyed a few evening meals where they served very tasty Ghanaian dishes as well as Continental selections. The dining staff was very kind and attentive. In each room there is a refrigerator and a hot water kettle - very much appreciated! We enjoyed walking through the neighborhood a few times and felt completely safe. A bonus - directly across the street is a small pharmacy that is open late - 9pm. Overall, a convenient location, quiet surroundings, comfortable rooms, good value - we would stay here again!

Room Tip: Although there is no elevator, choose an upstairs room away from the busy front lobby. There are also a couple nice decks to enjoy upstairs.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank JGill2014
Reviewed 13 March 2015

I checked in at crystal palm and my stay was a memorable one .It is an ideal hotel for the business and leisure traveler. Everything was on point. It is truly a home away from home.The staff were very friendly and helpful.There were variety of food to eat during breakfast. The bed and pillows were very fluffy and really enjoyed my sleep every time.The hotel is very clean at all time.I recommend Crystal Palm Hotels to every traveler. The also provide airport shuttle to and from the airport at all times.The wi-fi worked very well in all rooms and public areas.We really enjoyed ourselves every evening sipping on a cocktail at the pool bar.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank Benard A
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Very nice hotel. Good location. Good service Very co-operative staff. Goof restaurant. Value for money. Little difficult to get taxi as the hotel is in a residential area. We can request the reception to get taxi and it will take around 20-30 minutes before we get the same. Otherwise it is the best choice as a medium range hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Vinod P
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed at Chrystal Palm for 3 nights because I was attending a workshop there. I had to bring my daughter, but we wanted separate rooms. Because they didn't have a two-bedroom apartment, they converted a suite into 2 rooms. We were very comfortable this way, and I was grateful because I needed the space. I thought the food was pretty good. I used the pool every day, but the water level was low because of the unavailability of town water supply. It was clean and there was sufficient security for our conference, so we suffered no losses.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business