Free cancellation until 28/07
US$ 52
US$ 42
US$ 343
US$ 308
All reviewsaccra airportmusty smellmarina mallreception staffshuttle servicebusiness tripfree shuttlepool sidenice poollocal dishesafricadriverarrivalsusa
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Reception is professionel.
Restaurant is good
The rooms are rather old and need modernisation
Staff is helpful and correct
Service outside at the pool does not give much attention to the guests. The location is very well near the airport, without the burden of the noice of the leaving and arriving planes.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Accra Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Hi Jan v,

Thanks for the Holiday Inn Accra Airport for your lodging needs, we're glad to have hosted your overnight stay. It's regrettable to learn that we missed to provide you with a more pleasant experience as the service level provided by our staff by the pool fell below your expectations. On behalf of the team, I apologize for the inconvenience this and our room upkeep caused. This is certainly not the impression we'd like to leave any of our guests and be assured that this is shared with the management so we may address areas that need attention.

On the plus side, I'm pleased to know that Reception's service level is on par based on your kind remarks. Additionally, I'm delighted to know that our location and sound proofing are to your liking and left a positive impression.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience. Despite some shortfalls, I hope you find your way back to us should your travels bring you again to the area.

Kindest Regards,

Jillian I
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 7 July 2017

The hotel is located close to the airport and is decent but not very good. The rooms are a bit run down, but the meals are pretty good. The staff is attentive but the hotel is overdue for an overhaul. The hotel is fenced off so the grounds are safe, but around the pool there are hookers looking for business every evening.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Accra Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Hello Geerlings!

Thank you for going out of your way to write us a review. I appreciate you mentioning our prime location and cordial hotel staff. It's also good to know that you were able to enjoy our food selections. I'm sorry to know though that you find our hotel a bit shabby particularly the rooms. I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. I've shared this to our executive team as a part of our continued effort to enhance our services. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. I'm still grateful that you chose to stay with us and I hope that we can win back your heart and try us again in your future travels.

Warmest Regards,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 4 July 2017

I love salads and this hotel has the best array of salads in town trust me. Its also less than 5 minutes to the airport and other central business districts. If you want to do business in accra, eat healthy and sleep well then this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: try to spend a friday night here...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank David I
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Good hotel, conveniently located near the airport and business district in Accra. Service is solid and attentive. The facility is suffering a bit and could use some attention. For example, the air conditioner in the room was barely cooling. Otherwise, the stay was good and I will return next time I'm in Accra.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night last week, then for two nights later the same week after a short trip to Kumasi. Shuttle from airport very good. Nice AC room to wait in on arrival and van arrives in a few minutes. Professional pleasant drivers.

Welcomed as IHG member at reception and upgraded to exec room both times.

Room very nice. Decent bed, linen and towels. Well equipped, good TV, wifi etc. Very clean.

All staff very professional and friendly.

No probs with getting a plug adapter at reception, and also very easy to get a couple of hours later checkout on departure.

Pool nice, a few loungers, decent towels and a good bar / restaurant area.

Ate in the bar each night and very nice food plus good staff.

Will definitely stay here again when in Accra.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business