Free cancellation until 27/07
US$ 42
Jumia Travel
US$ 311
Hotels.com
All reviewsaccra airportmusty smellmarina mallreception staffshuttle servicebusiness tripfree shuttlepool sidenice poollocal dishesafricadriverarrivalsusa
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

Always a good bet when in Accra. Close to the airport and to the city for meetings. Rooms are clean and comfortable and the shower is good. Room service menu is small but tasty. There is a taxi company at the hotel to arrange a driver to take you to meetings and a bureau de change to exchange money to local currency.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2017

In the USA---Holiday Inns are mid level hotels which I avoid. NOT TRUE HERE----This exceeded my expectations ! My client held our conference here and this was my home for five days. My room was superb----huge by US standards---clean----and modern.
The breakfast and lunch buffets were BEYOND anything I expected...I loved talking with Helen and Bernice about local dishes---and everything was fresh and wonderfully perpared. NOTHING to match it in the States----impressive. Bassem Toura--the GM was VERY visible every day----he leads by example and keeps the staff humming----he greets everyone and make them feel at home. the pool----both to enjoy and as an eveneing venue to dine---is first class, I can't say enough about this hotel in a developing country. In Ghana for business---or just passing through--STAY HERE. Fabulous....cheers !

Room Tip: Ask for 7th floor
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2017

Nice clean rooms, ambient with a good shower and a great Breakfast. I stayed here for 3 weeks and felt at home like I was in the UK.. nothing was missed, everything you can possibly want is taken care of.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

For the price paid for this hotel you'd expect a modern gym that's accessible and a swimming pool that's also positioned so that it can comfortably be used. The drinks and food are over priced. One of the taxi drivers instead of taking me where I requested decided to take me on a tour despite my protests and In so spent the money I was going to use for the day. An awkward experience all round there's better options for cheaper.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Accra Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2017

Hi JodySellars,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our property particularly with our facilities and the pricing of our food and drinks. I am also sorry to see your experience with the taxi. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and I hope that you would still consider staying with us again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 22 January 2017

A group of us had lunch at this restaurant. The restaurant was large, airy, clean and bright. The umbiance was very family orientated but not intrusive. Generally we felt comfortable to dine and chat to friends without disturbing others. However the drinks staff did not know what complimentary drinks come with the buffet as each one gives a different list. The variety of food was very good however most dishes were not labelled so tough luck if you are unfamiliar with local dishes. .When I queried why this was I was informed the idea was to create an interactive atmosphere with the numerous servers milling around behind the serving counter but not exactly friendly. When I asked for a particular food because the dish was empty I was told to sit down and freshly made ones would be brought to me, needless to say this did not happen. It was only when one of the managers there was made aware of this that she got us an extra portion. Generally the dishes were well made and very tasty. The deserts were were not of the same standard though. The variety of cream cakes were unpalatable and soggy and the local deserts mainly stale? The chocolate sauce was nice though. All that said the only passable desert were the slices of fruit because I was also told even plain simple ice cream was not an option.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank abapat121
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Accra Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Dear abapat121,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are pleased to know you liked the design and ambience of our hotel restaurant. On the other hand, we are sorry for the shortfalls you have noticed with the service of our staff and the food selections we offer. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M