See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 May 2016

its a nice place, their hotel rooms where well furnished, with many things available,their staffs are friendly, its a quite nice place, and so affordable than other hotels located in addis ababa. and many type of foods are also available

Room Tip: they are all good
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

I think a lot of these bad reviews are unessecarily harsh - my experience at Baro was great I stayed on two separate occasions. The first time my shower wasn't working in my room and they changed my room without an issue. The rooms are clean and well presented. The staff were great arranged me an early taxi to get to Meskel square for my trip to Bahir Dar. I was in Bahir Dar for 3 weeks and when I returned to Addis the night before my flight home I stayed for a night again without any problems. I recommend.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2016

The place is fine , good shower, rooms dark due to location and poor light bulbs, wifi good, beers etc very expensive, so not many people relaxing on the terrace. Back from street , so no traffic noise problem.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

Poor place, terrible and rude stuff.
The key didn't work well and borked.. The room is small and the bathroom door didn't close ..
We spend there one night and left as soon as we can..

Not recommend at all.
There other places in piazza that you can go that better then this place in a fair price..

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank 356yuvalg
Reviewed 7 January 2016

I guess it is one of the least pricy places in Addis Ababa that we could find, but the experience was not great. There is nothing to say about the room and bathroom, but overall communication was not its best.
We were given a 3 bed room for 2 of us, so I believe it is more expensive than a 2 bed room. However in the morning they made a fuss because they saw a friend of us staying late and they thought that she was sharing the room with us and thus wanted to make us pay more (whereas it was supposed to be a 3 bed room - so 3 people).
Also we invited some friends at the restaurant (which was not great) and they did not want to let them in so my friends had to call me to let them enter, and afterwards the staff looked at my friends with a not welcoming look without knowing them, whereas they still let strange people entering the place.
The restaurant in itself was really pricy 4 times the amount of a normal tea & I am not the kind of person to complain about the internet but the wifi that they were supposed to provide didn't work for all our stay whereas the issue could have been easily solved.
Then if you're only there to sleep 1 night it's ok.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends