“Quiet sleep in Piazza”
Review of Baro Hotel

Baro Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Addis Ababa
Baro Hotel
Ranked #84 of 124 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Reviewed 27 March 2016

The place is fine , good shower, rooms dark due to location and poor light bulbs, wifi good, beers etc very expensive, so not many people relaxing on the terrace. Back from street , so no traffic noise problem.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

Poor place, terrible and rude stuff.
The key didn't work well and borked.. The room is small and the bathroom door didn't close ..
We spend there one night and left as soon as we can..

Not recommend at all.
There other places in piazza that you can go that better then this place in a fair price..

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank 356yuvalg
Reviewed 7 January 2016

I guess it is one of the least pricy places in Addis Ababa that we could find, but the experience was not great. There is nothing to say about the room and bathroom, but overall communication was not its best.
We were given a 3 bed room for 2 of us, so I believe it is more expensive than a 2 bed room. However in the morning they made a fuss because they saw a friend of us staying late and they thought that she was sharing the room with us and thus wanted to make us pay more (whereas it was supposed to be a 3 bed room - so 3 people).
Also we invited some friends at the restaurant (which was not great) and they did not want to let them in so my friends had to call me to let them enter, and afterwards the staff looked at my friends with a not welcoming look without knowing them, whereas they still let strange people entering the place.
The restaurant in itself was really pricy 4 times the amount of a normal tea & I am not the kind of person to complain about the internet but the wifi that they were supposed to provide didn't work for all our stay whereas the issue could have been easily solved.
Then if you're only there to sleep 1 night it's ok.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2015 via mobile

Wow, everyone else is giving this place a really harsh review, but I think it's pretty good. We stayed in 2 other places in Addis and Baro definitely has the best location, good wifi (in the room too! that's crazy for Ethiopia), standard rooms and a very affordable price, especially for Addis.
There was hot water at some times of the day (yay!) and they also serve food and drinks. (I thought the prices were a bit expensive so I didn't order anything but the other people said it was good)
We ended up staying 5 days due to visa issues, and we really enjoyed our stay. Staff is very friendly and can understand a lot of English. I would recommend friends to stay here. We paid about $11.50/night per room.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2015 via mobile

I don't know who she is but she always stay in the hotel with ignored attitude. And try to keep talking (about tour thing or something like that) so too Noisy; even in the room, even in night & dawn.
I don't know why she acted too rude but, because of that our conception about the hotel was changed. Cleaning lady and men were nice and kind. And possible to connect wifi, to do hot shower. But.. The bad point was too huge.

• Stayed: September 2015