“Bad Choice!!”
Review of Axum Hotel

Axum Hotel
Ranked #149 of 296 Addis Ababa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 January 2015 via mobile

This hotel got the worst service!!
The good thing's are the breakfast and the gym!!
But if you ask any help at the reception and they tell you that they will sent somebody up, your lucky if they really do!!
The girl at the reception did not speak english so it could be that this just was to much to handle for her, but i did not ask for much!!
I had to ask for the manager 7 times before she called him, and then some guy from the restaurant showed up pretending to be his assistant!!
He promised me a discount for a not working tv and the cold showers i had for 3 day's but the next day he broke that promise and charged me full amount!
(Don't belief anything they say!!)
I stayed there for 5 day's in total!
Bad choice!!

Stayed: January 2015
1  Thank Dawit H

Reviewed 30 September 2014 via mobile

My colleague and me went to Axum restaurant from the hotel with the same name to have diner. We were surprised by the 'amuse' and enjoyed beef and a fish pan. Very friendly and competent staff. With drinks at a reasonable price. A pity we were the only guests......

Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2014

we stayed in this hotel for 3 days and we had good time there,the staff are helpful and the loction is fine ,although the room are small they are fine for 3days. the view from the hotel balcony is amazing, we are satisfied.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sally j
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Clean hotel, with lovely staff. Prices are very good when you have Ethiopian residency.
Free airport shuttle is provided on request and the shuttle arrives on a time
They serve the best fried dhal and chapattis in their restaurant. I stayed there when there were 2 wedding parties going on but they finished at a reasonable time and the noise didn't enter the room. The location is very nice with a lot of shopping facilities nearby and the airport is not far.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Karin v
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The rooms are clean - just what you would expect for a hotel of its size. I found the price a little to expensive for the value it offers. The staff are friendly, especially those who work at the bar in the lobby. I was with friends who coupled up to share twin bed rooms and they had nice rooms; I had to get a single room on my own, but a bit disappointed that the room they gave me was on the corner (ends with *02) - hence, the WiFi was almost non-existent. I had to go near the door to get some signal (so a tip would be to check the room first before you take it - I myself didn't bother as I was only there for a night anyway. Given that I checked in really late 11pm, they should have given me one of the good rooms (mine had no balcony and bathtub whereas my friends' has even though we paid the same price) - and I'm pretty sure they weren't fully booked anyway. THe reception isn't knowledgeable enough when I asked for directions to museums. They were nice though, it seemed that they just genuinely didn't know - which is not something you would expect in a hotel reception. The breakfast was really disappointing too. Aside from that, everything else was okay. . I was impressed though with the room service - the food was not the best but surpassed my expectations. Overall, it is not too bad. Would I come back? I'll probably try another hotel but if I couldn't find any, I wouldn't mind staying here again - except that next time I would make sure I check the room first.

Room Tip: The ones in the corner has weak WiFi signal.