“Going the extra mile.”

Cresta Lodge Gaborone
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Gaborone
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I am a regular business visitor to Botswana. Whilst in Gaborone I stay at the Cresta Lodge as they are close to the majority of my customers. Over the last 15 years I have become part of their family. I have held many successful events in their fantastic conference facility.
Wherever their is Cresta that's were I stay. I was recently in Jwaneng attending a technical exhibition. So I naturally stayed at Cresta - Jwaneng. Driving back to Gaborone (180km's) I realised I had left my personal pillows in the room. On arrival at Cresta Lodge (Gaborone) I reported to reception that I had left my pillows behind. This was Friday lunchtime. After checking with Jwaneng I was informed, yes they had my pillows and they would send them by courier, arrival 9am Saturday morning. I say to myself "that will not happen" I will collect them on my next trip. Before 9am I receive a call from reception - my pillows had arrived. Great, then the next surprise " sir we are please to be of assistance - no cost to you" woo.

This is Botswana, it's moves at a slower pace than most of us expect. So make allowances. Your food takes that bit longer to arrive, book a taxi well in advance (1 hr).
No matter where you stay, it takes longer.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms between 404 & 412. Sunny in morning, close to the Terrace café, reception, bar &a...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Alan S
Cresta_Hotels_Group, Manager at Cresta Lodge Gaborone, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Dear Alan S.

It is always an honour to welcome you back to Cresta Lodge Gaborone. Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Mr. B. Dass | GM, Cresta Lodge Gaborone.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

We only stayed here for one night when passing through Gabarone. The staff were very polite and helpful, the room was spacious and clean but the bathroom was in need of some maintenance. The toilet seat was loose and the bath was cracked.
The food was only average and the chicken in the chicken curry was tough. The dining room could have used a coat of paint.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Cresta_Hotels_Group, Manager at Cresta Lodge Gaborone, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Dear ExplorerNam

Greetings from Cresta Lodge in Gaborone.

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your support and feedback. The updating of our bathrooms and repainting of public areas is scheduled for 2017. Our chef and his team are working on new menus for our restaurant. We trust that you will see a marked improvement on your next trip.

We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

I have stayed there twice within the past year and was totally satisfied on both occasions. At the price, it makes total sense to stay here. Staff are excellent, food is good, and rooms are very nice and well appointed.

Room Tip: Ground floor near reception was good both times
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Cresta_Hotels_Group, Manager at Cresta Lodge Gaborone, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Dear DurbanPearl

We were honoured to have you staying with us again. Thank you for your continued support. We are delighted that we were able to meet your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 November 2016

I recently stayed at the Cresta Lodge for four days while at a conference in Gaborone. The rooms were fine and comfortable and the staff were nice. It is a quiet place to stay at, there are no loud bars so a good choice in that sense. This does also mean that after about 10 at night things are pretty dead. What I was disappointed at was the very poor internet. This was an issue and I spent a lot of time trying to connect. Also the staff at the front desk had difficulty even calling a taxi as they for some reason could not use the phone. A kind member of staff would need to use his/her mobile. I also spent 40mins waiting on one day for the cab they called to turn up. So while the hotel is fine, it is details such as these that would need to be improved. I think I will look elsewhere when next in Gaborone.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Dear MichaGFW

Thank you for staying at Cresta Lodge Gaborone.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay.
With the help of the local telecommunications company the phone problem we had during your stay has been rectified. We have also taken measures to address the wifi connectivity challenges.

We hope you will consider extending a second chance to us.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

The rooms are spacious and well ventilated making them cool. The rooms were also very clean. The staff very receptive and willing to assist all the time. Customers are even asked rooms they prefer, ie whether one wants to stay on the ground floor or upstairs.

Room Tip: All rooms are okay since the hotel is located in a quiet place
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Cresta_Hotels_Group, Manager at Cresta Lodge Gaborone, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Dear 246thata

Greetings from Cresta Lodge in Gaborone.

We were honoured to have you staying with us. We are pleased that we were able to meet your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back.