All reviews nature reserve game reserve private kitchen two single beds southern africa swimming pool free wifi home away from home hendrik hostel pig animals dorm botswana unit accommodation hosts
Reviewed 14 October 2015

A group of friends and I stayed here for a two week period and thoroughly enjoyed it! After traveling to numerous hostels this one took us by surprise at how quiet and peaceful it was. (We camped outside!) It reminded us more of a scenic lodge then a party hostel. The other guests for the most part were people looking for a quiet stay. The staff was incredibly friendly and more than accommodating. They had two dogs, a cat, kitten, pot belly pig and a peacock to add to the fun! Felt like a home away from home.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2015

I stayed at Mokolodi Backpackers with some friends for approximately two weeks. I had been traveling for almost a year and had stayed at many hostels, but this was by far one of the best. The accommodations were great (we tented and still had access to the kitchen, bathroom, laundry, wifi, etc.), and there is a bus stop nearby for convenient transport into town. Mokolodi is very clean, well kept, has a peaceful feel, and attracts a nice crowd of people to be around. I was most impressed, however, by the staff. Each person who works there makes a great effort to give you the best stay possible, and the owner is friendly and goes out of his way to spend time with his guests-- which was awesome! All in all, it was an incredible place that I would definitely recommend!

Stayed: June 2015
1  Thank Eryn S
Reviewed 23 August 2015

Spent 18 backpacking around Botswana with a school group and spending our last 2 nights here was heaven! Between the group of 11 we slept in the wooden hut, the executive suite and the private chalets. I stayed in the chalet and it was lovely. Well equipped and nicely decorated.

The bathrooms and kitchen again are well equipped and nicely organised making you feel at home. The pool is great to sit around with a beer whilst watching the animals- very relaxing! Dotted around are braais (BBQs) and fire pits which come in handy and are open to use.

Our hosts were so kind and were very welcoming. One night they hosted a BBQ for us which was lovely. Additionally the animals that live there are a lovely addition. The pig is gorgeous and made my morning waking up to!

If I'm ever in the area again I will definitely stop by!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2015

Hendrick has created a most welcome and surprising backpacker/overland place to stay. He went out of his way to help our Expedition Group of 14 persons from the UK.
Place was clean,tidy and organised. Not too keen on the "pig" ( you will see) but his other collection of animals proved delightful.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2015

Henrick and his team looked after us so well during our stay. Their attention to detail and set up of the place was fery thoughtful and beyond the care you would normally expect. The place is clean and well cared for, the fires at night during the winter are a great addition for cold winter nights. The price for camping is very reasonable AND there is wifi which is mostly very reliable, always a winner! Water is showers is lovely and hot. The animals just add to the homely fell - I'd happily go back and stay!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business