All reviews nature reserve game reserve private kitchen two single beds southern africa swimming pool free wifi home away from home hendrik hostel pig animals dorm botswana unit accommodation hosts
Reviewed 11 June 2015

Our stay here was amazing. The staff were great and were always very kind to us. We stayed in tents in the winter months so they helped us stay warm as possible with extra blankets and water balloon heaters. There is a great kitchen and hot showers. Access to wifi which is the fastest I've experienced in my 2 months in Africa. I would highly recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
MokolodiBackpackers, Owner at Mokolodi Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2015

Thank you Nicole. It was great to host you and the team.

Reviewed 14 May 2015

I´m from Brazilian and stayed at Mokolodi Backapackers on sept 2014. The place is very confortable, clean, safe. Speciall thanks for the owner, who is very kind with his guests. It´s walking distance (if you like to walk) from Mokolodi Park. This is one of the best backpackers youth hostel I´ve ever seen on my life. You stay have an option to rent nice bangaloos, if you are not a backpacker.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2015

What a great find and wonderful to see such a well run business. We stayed in one of the chalets which were comfortable, clean and good value for money. Hendrick the owner was genuinely interested in our 5 month trip and was eager to help and ensure that we had a comfortable stay.

There is everything that a traveler needs here, WiFi, kitchen, laundry and of course a very nice pool. Could not fault it, stay if you are ever in Gabs.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
MokolodiBackpackers, Owner at Mokolodi Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2015

Dear Angela,

Thank you for your fantastic review.

Hendrik, the fabulous staff and all the animals.

Reviewed 27 April 2015 via mobile

A BIG thank to Sam, Albert and Hendrik of the Mokolodi Backpackers! I spend another week there on my way to Zimbabwe and without a doubt it is one of the best backpackers to stay at! It is an oasis in the middle of the desert! Peaceful, quiet and it restores the soul! It is clean, the staff is helpful and the owner delightful! Free Wifi, cold beer and a fabulously clean pool! Could stay forever, and watch out Hendrik, one day I may come and NOT leave! Thank you again for making my stay so incredibly pleasurable! I WILL be back!!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Inekev112
Reviewed 9 April 2015

We stayed at Mokolodi Backpackers over the Easter holiday and it was an excellent option for many reasons apart from how affordable it was. We stayed in unit two with a private bathroom and kitchen, the unit was clean and well serviced and honestly speaking great value for money.

The service was exceptional, from booking to arrival and during our stay. Samantha was of great help during our trip and was always available, in fact you could hear most of the other guests shout a "thank you Samantha" as they drove away.

Room Tip: We chose the unit with a private bathroom and kitchen
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple