1,524 results
All reviews walking distance pool bar water features lookout cafe closest hotel bunk beds family room large hotel tourist police buffet dinner beautiful hotel us dollars buffet style main restaurant rooms are nice close to town breakfast was included
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

We arrived with a bit of a problem that was solved by the staff in a very professional manner , the surroundings are beautiful and the rooms was clean and well maintained . The pool/bar staff were great . The was one staff member Freedom ,who worked between to pool area and the bar who is the most happiest lovely staff member I have come across . Everyone was very kind and helpful! Will Defiantly be back

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2017

Stayed at the Kingdom on 29/30/31 dec . we had four double rooms, me and my friend with our kids .Rooms do not have sufficient light , bit dark all the time . Sliding door on the balcony has no mosquito gauze , so mosquitoes galore .The hotel had a notice up for DJ to play on the new years eve , with wine /champagne to follow . The DJ never showed up , wine was offered as a compromise then .Request for spare glasses n ice in the room was shouted down by saying we will be charged 10USD corkage fees .
Rooms are ok , mat in the bath tub can be slippery .Breakfast on a busy day can be a lengthy affair , as only one station for hot foods .
All in all a mediocre experience .

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank sanjay b
Reviewed 5 January 2017

Firstly apologies for writing this under the hotel page but for the lack of a Quatermans page, i thought the message will be passed on from here.

On the 24th of December, my friends and i made our way to the bar to have a good time and from the onset it was a disaster. The guys at the door were not friendly at all. After paying $5 each, we were thought we were past the hurdle. The inside was packed to the brim and honestly for hotel standards it felt like some random back yard shebeen. The place was filthy even. On our way to the bar area, we actually had to jump over broken glass. The bar was a mess and when our turn to buy came, i placed an order with a tall dark guy (he was working alongside a lady dressed in orange) and as soon as i told him what i wanted, he told me to hold up because my order was long. Kindly explain to me, what this has to do with anything?
Anyways at that moment my friends and i knew this was not our place and we immediately left after donating $30 to the bar courtesy of our entrance charges.

May you kindly notify who ever is running the bar that they are slowly lowering the standards of your brand.

I am highly not impressed and annoyed by the service we received.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank George C
Derrick K, General Manager at The Kingdom at Victoria Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Dear George C

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I would like to apologise to you and your friends for the unpleasant experience you encountered at our bar. I take full responsibility for this and my Management and I will look at taking Corrective Action.

Regards

Derrick Kung
The Kingdom at Victoria Falls

Reviewed 3 January 2017

Have stayed here several times and the management and staff always go above and beyond for us. Such a beautiful hotel with a great location. Rooms are always clean and comfortably, and wonderful hot showers. All rooms have mosquito nets and netted sliding doors.The grounds are kept immaculate and the pool is always very welcoming. The best part is the breakfast - good variety just be mindful of the cheeky monkeys roaming about.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pond and pool have a good view
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank tazc2015
Reviewed 31 December 2016

This hotel is located walking distance to Victoria Falls and the gorge. The rooms are comfortable and big and the staff are friendly and professional. Arranging side trips to walk with lions and sunset cruise was easy to book at the hotel's concierge. The food is excellent and the pools and pool bars are first-class. You always feel safe and welcome. Although this is not the hotel's fault, once you go on the path to Vic Falls you are swarmed with people trying to sell you stuff, which can be incredibly annoying. Overall I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family