“Great Christmas Lunch”

Mugg & Bean, Avondale
Ranked #66 of 176 Restaurants in Harare
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 18
Description: Mugg & Bean is where people gather to experience the true spirit of generosity. This is not a term we use lightly, and it's what keeps our customers coming back for more.
Reviewed 3 August 2017

My dearest mate Malvin and I went to this delightful place for Christmas lunch. Not the obvious choice for a Yuletide encounter but the meal and the ambiance proved to be the best choice. We had lovely wraps and the 'as much as you can drink' coffee option meant that we could and would only worry about eating and what to pick from their beautiful menu and not the coffee which made the visit more affordable. Expect everything you would from the franchise anywhere on the continent including the service which is world class and very warm. they even offered to take pics of us when we were struggling to come up with a designated photographer. Fun times!

1  Thank robert m

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Went in for a coffee and that's what I got. Not overly friendly and I wasn't spoken to for 5mins on seating myself. When I was asked what I wanted the girl was pleasant enough and efficient when meeting requests. To pricey for what it is in my view. The W.C. was not very kind.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

The food is good- generous portions, comes out hot, and is tasty. But the service is so so slow. This is another place that you can only go to if you aren't pressed for time. Which is unfortunate because they have good food! I just don't have 2 hours to sit and dine.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Coffee and food out of this world. Service excellent and pleasant sitting outside and watching the hustle and bustle of Zimbabwe life pass you by. Look no further than Mugg and Bean for a good catch up with family friends over excellent food.

Management response:Responded 12 June 2017

Hello,

Sounds like you had a really great visit and it is a blessing to hear. Thank you for the feedback and we hope you will continue to come back!!!

Warm Regards,
Mugg & Bean Avondale

Reviewed 7 June 2017

I had breakfast here on a Sunday morning - and it was not as busy. The breakfast took longer that usual which was terribly annoying. after waiting for so long - waiter did not bring toast and the tea took an extra 5 minutes. Toast was later brought to us.

Management response:Responded 12 June 2017

Hello,

Thank you for the review and for the detailed feedback. It is good to know what is going on in our store from a guest's perspective as it helps us identify where we need to work harder.

There is absolutely no excuse for slow service or forgetfulness and it is something we will address and work through with the team. For that we apologise and we hope you will give us another shot in the future.

Warm Regards,