“Beautiful Setting - Poor Food”
Review of Amanzi Restaurant

Amanzi Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 177 Restaurants in Harare
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 35
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of the Northern Suburbs of Harare, Amanzi Restaurant is set well back from the road in 4 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens. An old farmhouse, architucturally converted to a stylish modern restaurant. Amanzi has the capacity to seat 100 people. Amanzi offers it customers "fusion" cuisine. The decor is a sophisticated blend of interior styles created to form a backdrop for unusual collections of African antiquities and contemporary art. The water feature is stocked with koi carp, and is floodlit at night. The property is noted for its collection of indigenous trees, predominately msasa, and colourful shrubs, which provide a cool, restful atmosphere.
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Ate in this restaurant twice a week ago. Setting is wonderful, service OK and food not good. I was in a big group and a number of us ordered the fillet steak. What a mistake. I ordered medium rare and got 3 very chunks of well done tough steak. Obviously cut from a larger piece!! The vegetables were also not as advertised instead of roasted beets and wilted spinach I was served some broccoli and a few beans. The herb butter was only noticeable by its absence.

Others ordered the rib eye which again was tough and lots of un-rendered/cooked fat.

At my previous meal I only ordered the ostrich carpaccio which was mediocre. Meat was OK, parmesan shavings were replaced with a small amount of grated cheese (hard to tell what it was). Ground black pepper arrived just as I finished.

3  Thank travel2muchza

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Gee, on first sight of the menu I nearly fell off my chair... But, I thought, the food is supposed to be great here. Alas, of 8 meals a lot was left to be desired. Very ordinary and in my case fairly tasteless. We still have the Don Pedro, hopes dashed again. More watery milk than ice cream and we went home very disappointed. It's a lovely setting but I will not be recommending or eating there any time soon. Simply put, it was a total waste of money to go and look at a pretty garden. Tired and out of touch, head somewhere else for good food.

3  Thank Acaciapc
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

We ate lunch every day at Amanzi during our stay in Harare, and without fail it was always delicious! Kerry’s coconut and lemon tart was to die for. Would thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

If you're looking to have a nice lunch or dinner, Amanzi never lets you down. The decor, the garden, the service and last, but not least, the food are always excellent.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

I love this spot because it's our Love haven spot. Nostalgic moments each time I am there. First dinner was December 2003 with my hubby (then friend), and and our engagement dinner in April 2004. And many more anniversary dinners. We took our 12 year old daughter in December 2017 and it was B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L