See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 November 2016

Horrible room on a noisy street. No heating so very cold. Shower broken so had to hold it while showering.
Restaurant diner Ok although Friday was a buffet so by the time I ate it was cold. Saturday with a menu was good. Breakfast on saturday was good but very limited on Sunday.
Staff didn't seem to care about anything.
Only soap in the bathroom.

Room Tip: not on the front. Check the shower works before you unpack.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
raouf63, Responsable réception at Hotel Les Ambassadeurs, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Dear Mister Thank you for the time you spent sharing your comment. Furthermore, we can affirm you that we would have obviously considered positively your request, especially in this difficult situation. We feel sorry to know that the image you keep about our hotel is not up to your expectations. GZ

Reviewed 4 February 2016

I spent 7 days at this hotel. My room on the 7th floor was clean and nice. The maid service cleaned everything each day and seemed attentive to details. I had a balcony overlooking the park (spectacular view). Although the noise the ostriches make at dawn are a bit disconcerting at first.

The down side is that the hotel is not being maintained well: lights out in the bathroom, the buttons for the elevator were so worn it could take five minutes to get them to light up, etc.

All of this were minor inconveniences. However, the hotel advertises Wifi which worked well the first day I was there. The second day it went down and there was no wifi available by the time I left. The front desk's attitude was "what do you want me to do about it?" I complained several times but got shrugs in response.

Bottom line: It is an inexpensive, clean hotel but don't expect any support from the front desk.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the traffic noise during the day, an upper balcony viewing the park is the way to go
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
raouf63, Responsable commercial at Hotel Les Ambassadeurs, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time you spent sharing your comment. It is extremely important as they provide a motive for continuous improvement. We are very sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with you stay.
Please accept our deepest apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced in our establishment.
We have taken good note of all the dysfunctions you have highlighted and all of them will be discussed with the concerned manager.
It is not reflecting the usual level of service we are used to deliver to our guests.
We feel sorry to know that the image you keep about our hotel is not up to your expectations but we hope that you will grant us the opportunity to give you a much better opinion of our hotel during a further stay in Tunis.

Sincerely yours,

Ghazi Ben Othman
Directeur commercial

Reviewed 25 December 2015

The hotel is nice . But there is work to do. Maid service should be done better. And the staff is not welcoming. Attention is drawn to the trash. The sea was dirty. But impressions are good . Thank you

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
raouf63, Responsable commercial at Hotel Les Ambassadeurs, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2015

Dear Mister Jhon
Thank you for the time you spent sharing your comment.

Ghazi Ben Othman
Directeur commercial

Reviewed 12 June 2015

I wouldn't complain about the dead light bulbs, and the sanitary items (used tooth brush, shaver, etc.) left by previous guest (I guess) all over in the bathroom. After all, the hotel offers a very attractive rate in a nice location in the amazing city. But three things I found very unprofessional.

1. Wake-up calls never came.
2. The reception insisted to keep my passport for "administrative work." Half a day later, I found my passport at the reception unattended within the reach of anyone who walked by. I found a staff and asked him if I could have my passport back. All he said was "Feel free."
3. In the morning of checkout, the lady at the reception refused to take a credit card. My booking accepted CC payment, so I said so. She now said something was wrong with the CC reader and told me to wait for an hour. The hotel knew I was checking out in the morning, but there was no prior warning about the machine trouble. I asked her for alternative options, but she only kept saying "You have to wait for an hour." Not until I raised my voice and explained to her (for third or fourth time) that I had a plane to catch when another staff at the reception went into the backroom, looking very annoyed, to fetch the non-electric CC reader to process my payment.

An average 15 year old would have been more thoughtful and helpful.

Totally and incredibly irresponsible, unwilling and incapable staff at the reception.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Glober01
raouf63, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Les Ambassadeurs, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2015

Dear Guest,

First of all,please allowed us to thank you for sharing your review following your recent stay with us at Ambassadeurs Hotel.
to improve our service , we always welcome your feedback. then , we would like to inform you that the day of your check out the TPE machine was empty : there is no paper in . and we are wating for the fourniture. as you can see the lady can not make the operation without the paper of justification .so we were obliged to make the payment with the old way.

we have to mentionned that all the staff look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.
and Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance.

Sincerely
managment department

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I'll try to write objectively, so that the built up frustration doesn't bias things:

-Front desk staff is lukewarm at best in terms of greeting guests and helping them. I showed up and had to get the gentleman's attention to help check me in. He asked for my name and passport, took my passport, gave me a key, and told me to go to the room. Not flat-out rude, but certainly not welcoming. The doorman had been sitting inside, so he carried my bag from the front door to the elevator (20 ft), then to my room. He set it down and stood looking at me, waiting by the window. I assumed he wanted his tip, so I told him I only had large bills and would give it to him later. He offered to get change, then came back with the bill only split in two...and stood at the door expecting me to give him a tip more than double what I would give a waiter for a full dinner here...no further assistance or greeting from him over the following week's stay.
-The hotel is generally very dark. Rooms have *enough* light, but the hallways and lobby are very dark at night. Stairwells literally have no lights. Not sure if this is for eco friendliness or something else, but it's odd.
-If you have any issue with indoor smoke, the lobby area and restaurant can be difficult. My colleague also mentioned that cigarette smoke was leaking into her room from a lower floor.
-The room key cards randomly stop working. Currently listening to a neighbor repeatedly try his key card (going on 20 minutes) and banging on the door (or trying to break the doorknob?) in frustration (at midnight). This was easily fixed at the front desk for me, but apparently things are different at night.
-The front desk credit card machine was down when my colleague tried to check out.
-The mini fridge is in the wardrobe. It works fine just the same, but takes up half of the space.
-Breakfast may be the most positive experience: plenty of options, and pretty good food. It's a little greasy, and the staff clearly don't enjoy being there, but it's better than average.
-We asked at the front desk about dinner and were told that the buffet costs 40 Dinars (after waiting 10 minutes for them to figure this out). We didn't eat dinner here. A large bottle of water from the lobby bar costs 2 Dinar, versus .5-.6 at the shop on the corner. The man who runs this shop is very nice, and it's a good place to stop for snacks.
-The walls are paper thin, so you can hear anything that goes on next door, in the hall, or outside. Flushing my toilet means 5 minutes of screaming pipes. A mysterious droning whistle sound comes from outside on the street every half hour or so.
-The wireless internet is decent, but the signal was sometimes unreliable even though no room is more than 15-20 feet from a router in the hallway.
-Beds are nice, and almost make up for the intermittent noises from elsewhere.

If you won't be around it much, this hotel is serviceable. The staff don't really care that you're here, and they don't do much to improve your stay inside or outside the hotel. You're basically paying for 1) a bed and 2) food in the morning. The experience between Ambassadeur and Hotel Belvedere (around the corner) is night and day, for basically the same price.

Room Tip: Rooms on the non-street side are likely quieter...bathrooms adjacent to the middle stairwell are smaller.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank dukie01
MILED, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Les Ambassadeurs, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all allowed us to thank you for sharing your review following your recent experience with us at Ambassadeurs Hotel.

The stuff of the hotel and the direction were of course concerned to learn of the disappointing elements with regards to your hotel experience which fell below your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for the shortfalls you experienced. We have notified the relevant departments of the attitude issues highlighted, and in our continuous effort to exceed guest expectations they will be taking corrective action.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor and we all look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the very near future.

Sincerely