All reviews hippo pool top deck wrap around deck elewana sky safari guide alex hippos walking the managers the main lodge game drives african art cape buffalo genet cat every request africa trip general manager king size bed enjoy your stay
Reviewed 19 July 2017

My wife and I stayed here for three nights and loved every minute of it. On the banks of the Grumeti river with hippos, buffalo, gazelle and warthogs wandering through the grounds making for an exciting atmosphere. Game drives led by John were great; exciting viewing literally minutes from leaving the lodge; elephant, leopard, giraffes and lions a guarantee.
Service at the lodge was great; Ryan and Lauren run a great place! Food was superior, a lovely surprise given the isolation of the lodge. We look forward to coming back!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Doug Z
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We our stay at the Migration camp, was the highlight of our Africa trip this year.
The property is well located, fitted with creature comforts, the rooms well designed to give you a taste of the African bush, without making you rough it out .What really makes this place rather special is the food, and the camp Manger Ryan and wife laurels attention to detail.
I want to go back!!

Room Tip: The cottages at the periphery of the camp, gives you an unbroken view.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2017

We stayed at 5 different lodges/camps/hotels while I was in East Africa on my last trip. Migration Camp stands out as being exceptional in every way. The food was incredible, the view of the sunset is spectacular, and the staff were all welcoming and knowledgeable.

The room completely blew me away. The view was spectacular, the bathroom was beautifully adorned, and the huge windows let in a lot of light. At night, we could hear the hippos that live only a few hundred meters away in the river. Don't worry, they provide earplugs in case you don't want to listen to them. There are small creatures called hyrexes that look sort of like giant grey guinea pigs that live on the premises. They are quite cute, completely harmless, and used to people being around. As for the little things, I was pleased to have fast wi-fi, hot water, and electricity in our room. The rooms are all equipped with a type of universal plug, so my adapters did not prove necessary during this part of our journey.

Also, be advised that you must walk with a security guard during the evening to and from your room. This is to make sure that hippos and warthogs don't harm you. That said, at no time did I feel in any type of danger. Also, the security guards are responsive, friendly, and will generally find you when you are ready to walk to or from your cabin. The grounds also featured a gift shop that had very competitive prices for souvenirs without any haggling needed, a welcome sight for someone not used to haggling at home.

Our group of 6 had the same waiter for our stay, which made things really fun. We got to know him and were able to learn a bit about the lives of the people in this part of Tanzania. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms furthest from the dining and lounge areas are around 100 yards away, so be prepared to walk a little bit for meals.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ryan M
Reviewed 12 July 2017

We stayed at quite a few lodges during our 3-week trip to Tanzania, and everyone's hands-down favorite was the Serengeti Migration Camp. The property is magnificently situated by the Grumeti River, and our "tents" and all of the facilities were well-appointed and outstanding. However, what truly set the camp apart was the absolutely flawless and highly personal service. From our welcome/check-in to our departure 4 days later, our group of 6 adults and 6 children were taken care of by managers Ryan & Lauren and our dedicated staff including Charles, Hemed, and Massoud, who were assigned to our party during our stay. I do not say this lightly, but it was simply the best service I have EVER experienced at any hotel, lodge, resort. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. The Walking Safari Hike is not to be missed.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2017

Imagine spending an entire day on a game drive in the Serengeti with John, your brilliantly knowledgable guide. This is your last safari of the trip and he is determined to show you everything you want to see. It's an exhilarating day, but also tiring. As you head back to camp you are not really looking forward to climbing the stairs to the dining area...it's been a long day. Upon arrival, your host, Ryan, is there to greet us, and as if he read my mind, he tells us that a special dinner
has been prepared for us in the garden next to our tent. Of course our amazing butler, Godlove, has seen to all
of the exquisite details. Beautifully set candle lit table next to the lake, listening to the Hippos. Even a guard to keep us safe from a possible nocturnal intrusion. When we are finished and sipping our last drops of wine, we reminisce
about the day. We retire to our beautiful room, crawl into our fabulously comfortable bed, and a hot water bottle is already in place to warm our feet as we drift off. This is Serengeti Migration Camp.

Stayed: June 2017