“Buzzing with people”
Review of Salt

Salt
Ranked #15 of 348 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Cuisines: American, European
Description: A fresh and exciting restaurant offering homemade top quality, tasty and fun food. a home from home with all the comforts
Reviewed 14 September 2018

A friend recommended Salt to me. I went there on a late Sunday morning and happened on their brunch.
The place was buzzing with people, there were hardly any empty seats so people waited to get a place. I didn't know that the Sunday brunch was such a hit.
I enjoyed every bite of my dish and would go back on a regular day to see if the food is always that good.

1  Thank Tammy210

Reviewed 7 September 2018

One of my favourite restaurants in Dar- very cosy clean.The food never disappoints and is always fresh and quite a good portion is served- value for money.
The service is mostly good but the staff need to be more attentive especially during peak hours.
On a side note the brunch on Sundays gets quite busy so book a table in advance to avoid a long wait.

1  Thank WamburaWM
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

The location is breathtaking, friendly staffs my fluffy pancakes were savages.. definitely am going back..

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Nice place to catch up with friends or work. Sadly, there is no internet. The food is delicious. I had the salmon salad which was filling.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We decided to have brunch at Salt. when we arrived the placed was busy and we were asked to wait for seating. We were taken inside and sat at the comfy sofas. A table was cleared and we sat down and placed our orders. The juice was good. My daughter and me ordered a milkshake each. When the milkshakes arrived, I noticed that silicon straws are used. The straw that was used in my daughters milkshake had some chocolate in it. I asked the waiter about the straws and was informed that they are re-used. They are washed and used again. That was surprising to me. It is the first time I heard about this. The juice that was ordered had metal straws. So they are also being re-used. Cutlery and crockery can be washed and cleaned, but if I look at the number of people that were there on Sunday, I doubt that the straws are all properly cleaned. Needless to say, I sent the milkshakes back and did not pay for them. The food was not as good as the previous time. There was no butter on the pancakes. The eggs were sent back to be done properly. Although the place was busy, he waiters were helpful and doing their best to accommodate all. I will for sure visit Salt again, but please think about using disposable straws.