All reviews executive floor buffet restaurant business district star hotel seafood room service swimming pool business hotel prawns an upgrade main restaurant business trip east africa comfortable stay rooms are comfortable enjoyed my stay indian food
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

it was 2.1.18
I just visit serena Hotel.
To find East African newspaper.
The reception is mavilous...made by 100% Tanzanian mninga wood ( gold wood)
Real warm welcome with smile from all corners of the hotel.
I find the shop for newspaper inside the hotel was closed.
Then i got an idear of having dinner there.

I asked the price i was told os usd 22.I was not able to pay dinner price but supervisor said no problem. Told me how much you can afford...i told him is usd 7..he took the plate hold it,then he go around with me at dinner buffet...allow me to sellect whatever i wanted.

I was very impressed with this kind of hospitability...i lent a lot.

I took my dinner at bar corner while i view the lush garden with palm trees....other side of the bar is super sport going on.

Thank you Serena.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
SerenaHotels, General Manager at Dar es Salaam Serena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear Millan O,
We appreciate your visit and I am glad to see that we were able to find an option for your meals. The completed areas of our newly renovated lobby continues to receive excellent feedback especially for the use of local Tanzanian products.
We look forward your next visit.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

I travelled to Tanzania for business reasons and I was reserved by my company in Serena hotel in Dar es Salaam.
Very standard hotel, but really comfortable.
Excellent food, especially on the pool side.
No complain on the breakfast which is a buffet

Room tip: no clue...
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
SerenaHotels, General Manager at Dar es Salaam Serena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear Paulmbappe,
Thank you for your review. We are undergoing a renovation in phases to ensure we meet or exceed the standards of our Sister City Hotels in the region which are exceptional. Hopefully on your next visit you will experience some of the new changes and enjoy your stay even more.
We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Most disappointed that items - computer charger and cables - that I had inadvertently left behind in my room were not located by management. This is most unacceptable considering that a 5 star hotel should have a policy in place for the cleaning staff to report to management of any items left behind by the guest. Management is "still looking" for the items 10 days after my departure from the hotel. Also, the company that runs the taxi service is ripping off its customers - the drivers set their own prices which are exorbitant in comparison to Uber or even the normal taxis.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
SerenaHotels, General Manager at Dar es Salaam Serena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2017

Dear mgjozi,
I am sorry to see that you are disappointed with the hotel for not locating your computer charger and cables. We have a strict policy in place that requires any lost items to be logged into our system and kept safely in our lost and found area. Unfortunately nothing was recovered in your room after your departure.
The taxi service located at the hotel is run by Europcar and provide professional services, and are secure to use. Guests have the discretion to chose to use other services as well as Uber as they please.
Once again I am sorry that we did not trace any missing items after your stay.
Sincere Apologies,

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Stayed for one night in November as a stay over before going on safari.
Greeted well by reception, room was a good standard & very clean. Comfy beds.
Ate dinner here as there was a buffet & bbq on in the restaurant which was a good quality. Breakfast was also very good. Receptionists were very helpful & we would certainly stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Holidaychesire,
Thank you for your review, I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Our visit was brief - just the one night - but I'd certainly stay here again and longer if we are in this part of the world in the future.
Whilst this is a big modern hotel, it doesn't have the feel of many of the big chain hotels. Staffing in all the areas we encountered was professional but also personal.
Our room looked out onto the garden at the back of the hotel with a glimpse of the lovely pool area. Nice full width windows were shaded by clever outside brickwork but there was no balcony; for our short stay this wasn't an issue.
Our double room was a good size, felt freshly decorated and I particularly liked the 3 hanging pictures featuring coconut trees. Our room had the amenities we have come to expect for a good stay:- free Wi-Fi, room safe, stocked fridge, LG flat screen TV, table and TWO chairs, tea tray. The dressing table/work station boasted an Ethernet socket and 2 x electric sockets with multi adapters which took my 3 pin UK plug as well as the usual continental 2 pin and American type plug. The bedroom area floor was carpeted with polished wood in the hallway - a bit slippery in stocking feet.

We ate from the sumptuous buffet at the Serengeti Restaurant - a very elegant dining area with beautiful white linen table cloths and napkins. The food on offer would meet all tastes; from a vast array of cold salads and meats to freshly cooked pasta and many other dishes on offer. The desert table was another delight - who could stop at just one or two pudds - worth 5 stars indeed!

Room tip: Garden/pool view rooms are very quiet
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SerenaHotels, General Manager at Dar es Salaam Serena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2017

Dear Tansysue,
Thank you for your excellent review on our hotel. I am delighted to see that the newly renovated areas of the hotel are being appreciated. The staff give their best and your recognition of them will certainly put a smile of their faces.
Our next phase of the renovation is the bedrooms and once this is complete I am sure you will enjoy your stay even more.
We look forward to your next visit and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review.
With the best wishes for the festive season,