All reviews thai restaurant top floor club room nice hotel harbour view small gym excellent breakfast central location clean rooms free internet business traveler africa zanzibar choir dar renovation ferry
Reviewed 11 August 2017

We were very disappointed as we were expecting a decent hotel. The hallways are dark, the carpets smelly and damp, and the whole place reeks of citronella candles. Yes, I know, the mosquitos... but isn't there a better alternative?

The rooms are alright but a sewage smell emanates from the bathrooms.

A posiitve? The breakfast is extensive and includes dinner items from the buffet dinner the night before. Prepare for beef curry, puris, wintermelon pickle, and other delights...for breakfast.

Room tip: Choose a different hotel.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank srwpowell
Siddharth C, General Manager at New Africa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I will work on this immediately.

WE are in the process of renovating the entire hotel and in early 2018, we would like to present you with a world class product.

As for the breakfast food, i am really surprised to hear that it was not up to the mark. We pride ourselves in the food that we serve. It is absolutely fresh and we do not serve any left over food. I will still with my team to make sure that items are not repeated, however popular they might be as this can give a feeling of repetition.

I hope you will give us one more chance to be of service to you.

Kind Regards,
Siddharth

Reviewed 11 July 2017

A nice hotel. Very good Wifi (they claim that it is the best in town). Has a swimming pool though the gym is way too small. The breakfast is good . What I like most is the friendliness of the staff. The lady at the Customer Relations has some nice recommendations for restaurants and the lady at the breakfast recognized me from a previous visit. Nothing like a little bit of flattery. The Asian restaurant on the top floor has superb views though it could do with an open air terrace. The bar is nice. It has a bright red decor and an interesting street view. But on Friday evening boy does it come live!

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Siddharth C, General Manager at New Africa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Reviewed 9 July 2017

I use this hotel every time I stay in Dar. Multiple choices of bars and restaurants and also a casino attached.
The rooms are spacious and well laid out.
Well located right in the heart of the city.
Rooms are quiet but A/C a little noisy . A/C is very effective .

Room tip: Sea views are available. Sometimes that the church in front can be lively on weekend mornings as early as 7am . I prefer pool view.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Manfromdublin12

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for submitting this review. I am glad that every visit to dar, you choose to stay with us. Please let me know if i can be of any assistance for your future trips.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Large spacious room's hotel located at heart of the city. Clean,well designed rooms are a good choice for stay. Restaurant serves multi cuisine food. Good food nd nice hospitality.Bar has a good collection of wine too.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Feels like a Marriott or Sheraton due to renovations. Great location. Super clean bathroom. Great breakfast buffet. I heard from staff the place will soon become a Sheraton four points. Only negative is the rooms are a bit small.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for submitting this review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

As for the size of the rooms, we have 28 sq. mtrs rooms which offer a stunning view and our suite rooms are 56. mtrs in size. We will be happy to offer you a special price for a suite for your next visit in case you require bigger working space.