Review Highlights
Great Tanzania experience

In September we booked a 5 day trip to Ruaha National Park and a day trip to Bagamoyo via... read more

Reviewed 20 October 2018
Ines S
Wedel, Germany
Great Safari (Southern circuit) with Raja Tours Tanzania

We are 4 adults from the same family who made on a 13-day private safari (Southern circuit) with... read more

Reviewed 3 September 2018
Curiosity367262

All reviews tanzania trip an amazing trip ruaha national park great safari freddy ragab parks communication accommodations lodge itinerary company driver animals
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

An Amazing Experience! 10 years ago my parents promised me a trip to their birth country of Tanzania and it was definitely worth the wait. We booked all of our flights and accommodations on our own since I calculated it to be much more affordable that way; the only issue that remained was need a Safari tour to Ngorongoro Crater. After contacting several companies who denied us service b/c accommodation and flights were already done, only a few options remained. We decided to go with Rajabu and his team from Raja Travels b/c he gave us the most reasonable quotation and the majority of his reviews were good and boy was everyone right. From the minute we exited the Kilimanjaro Airport we were immediately greeted at arrivals by Rajabu (the owner) and Freddy our tour guide and driver and taken to our hotel. The next morning we took off for the game parks. Freddy was prompt and arrived on time. My dad requested we make some stops in Arusha before we made our 4hr drive to the park and Freddy happily obliged. After reaching our hotel at Ngorongoro we called it a night. Freddy met us early the next morning with lunch in hand and we headed to the bottom of the crater. As the animals began to appear Freddy began stating some interesting facts about the animals and the crater. AS the day went on Freddy made an active effort into ensuring we saw as many animals as possible. He was able to track down 2 rhinos from afar, a very rare sighting. We left the park that evening only when we were ready too, we never felt rushed. The next day we headed back to Arusha completing our safari, but my dad made another special request last minute and Freddy without hesitation said yes. He took us to another park, Lake Manyara for a few hrs. After reaching Arusha we said by to Freddy, but also asked if he knew a local diver or taxi for hire since we had 1 extra day in Arusha. He simply asked what time we wanted to venture in town the next morning and said he would arrange it all and negotiate a price. Another driver showed up the next morning on time and took us where ever we needed.

Overall the experience with the Raja Travels Tanzania tour team was amazing and was beyond what I expected. Communication was never an issue as they spoke English. They really do care about your overall experience. From pick up to drop off at the airport there was never and issue. I plan on heading back soon for another Safari and with no doubt will be contacting Rajabu at Raja Travels Tanzania trip.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

We had a one week, resp. two week Tanzania trip perfectly well organized by RAjaTours for a friend and me. Communication with Rajab was always reliable with direct replies to all questions. Accommodiations chosen were what we expected - no 5* luxury, but completely within nature, good quality, friendly people.

Game drives and drivers also fullfilled all expectations - knowledgeable and experienced drivers, who always provided a feeling of savety but did not miss opportunities for great game sightings. We managed to see 4 of the big 5 (but w/o chance to see Rhinos in the parks anyway). Additionally, Michael (our driver in Ruaha) even managed to spot a Cheetah family.

Therefore, 5 stars for RajaTours - highly recommended.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Raja tours came in Handy as i was planning for a trip to Selous from Dar-es-salaam.They were fast and timely to respond and provided detailed information on the park and activities that could be done.

I was able to request for a tailor made package from Raja tours that suited my budget.I opted for a Road trip from Dar to Selous which was awesome and i even had a chance to buy fresh fruits in the way.
The lodge appointed ( Selous Kinga Lodge) was beautiful, well located and had friendly staff. We did a boat drive in the evening with a sunset view at river Rufiji and also did game drive in the park with a well experienced tour guide.Also had picnics arranged for us ( with other guests) in the midst of the park which was very beautiful.

My three days were well spent and would definitely use Raja tours for my other vacations in Tanzania.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

We are a family with two kids- both aged 13, we went with RajaTours Tanzania to Kilimanjaro and safari. This was our first trip to Tanzania, otherwise we travel a lot.

For a Kilimanjaro we chose Marangu route (6 days) and we all succeeded. We had two guides named Patrick and Habibu, both very professional and kind, also other guys (porters and cook) were great. We are used to walking in mountains, and with their help we did not have major problems with the altitude. Also the price was reasonable.
On safari we spent three days (Tarangire, Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro Crater)- it was also very well organized.

In general- we had wonderfull time in Tanzania and we recomend this agency

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 26 November 2016

Great safari experience which met my expectations.We had an amazing trip with this company. Pricing was competitive, our itinerary was done,The guide was excellent, very experienced and trustworthy,very helpful and informative. Every day after sun set we would plan the next day schedule together. I highly recommend this company.

Date of experience: September 2016
Rajabu M, Owner at Rajatours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2016

Thank you very much Steve you are welcome again..thanks