All reviews stayed here for nights dar taxi security guard
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hate to do this but not the best place to stay for a stop over before we went to Zanzibar. I should have know it was poor when we turned off the road to get to the hotel . You could not even call it a road please see photo .
The lift was the smallest I have ever seen in all of the places I have been but I was glad it worked .
On a plus side the cleaning staff were wonderful and always on the go.
Bring your own shower gel etc don't think there is any in the room .
I did not bother to take a photo of the room as not much to see .

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2018

I have stayed in Econo Lodge for a dozen times. Every time I come to Dar I stay at the Econo. Don't be afraid about the "dark alley". Guy who are hangin' around keeps the place safe. Of course, don't get hazzeled by them about "travel arrangements" etc..

walking distance to everywhere, great restaurants close, staff is extremely local and nice.

Wi-Fi usually works at the lobby. Breakfast is small but it's there.

Extremely suitable for backpackers.

Room Tip: Usually cigarette smokers stay at the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Had a short stay (1 night) in this hotel to catch a flight to Kigali. Good for the price. Neat n Clean rooms. Average staffs. Almost no toiletries. But the bathrooms were ok. Location is a bit awkward inside a narrow alley. There were good restaurants around. Uber took only 1 min to respond for our trip to airport at midnight. I loved the simplicity of the local people.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stayed here on two separate occasions as the rooms are reasonable prices (for the non-AC). The showers are reasonably effective, although don't expect hot water on demand. You'd be better off turning up as the rooms are far more expensive to book online beforehand. The breakfast is fairly standard, in no way as bad as the neasayers prophecise. It is in a decent part of town with hit restaurants such as Chef's Pride and Mamboz Grill being on your doorstep.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2018

This is one of the world places we have ever stayed. Much time later we still remember the dark days of the Econo Lodge. If you are looking for a dirty, unsafe feel in the lobby with no mosquito nets - this place is for you. Else, i'd avoid if you have the choice.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends