“Great spot!”

Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We loved this restaurant. It was our first trip to Rabat and enjoyed eating in the Medina. We followed the man with the lamp which was very cool. The food and atmosphere was great. We would go back!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I went back for a group dinner after a few years. Well, in a nutshel it was way better in my souvenirs! The place is still the same in terms of decoration and general setting, i.e. a typical moroccan riad, just the way it has ever been.. Unfortunately, I found the quality of service and of the food (!) not so good this time. We were a group of 26, but were packed in a corrdidor as another group had booked the central court... the salad in the hors-d'oeuvre just so so, the chicken tagine less than average, it wasn't even served in a real tagine! comón guys tagine dishes cost nothing in Morocco!! and bring in waiters with a bit more sense of hospitality... that's morocco's reputation

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Pretentious, surly service. Ok setting, but seriously over-priced for what's on offer. Under-cooked food lacking flavour. Gouging on the drinks. Honestly, don't be fooled. There are so many better and better priced restaurants in Rabat. Avoid.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Worth persevering with finding it. Looks closed but bang on the door!
Lovely tagines and good choice of wine. Live music and lots of space. Didn't book but were a bit lucky maybe

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Ordered the chicken tajine with citron which was absolutely delicious! Arguably the best I had. Ambience was very good; restaurant was traditionally decorated and the live music was good.

Areas I thought could be better:

1. I was dining alone and was given a corner seat that had no view of the courtyard. That was fine but the area was so dark that I can't even read the menu or see what I was eating.

2. Staff does not speak very good English so there was some difficulty in communication.

3. I was unable to pay by credit card and it irked me a little since I'm running low on cash. When I paid in cash, the staff assumed the change was not required and I had to ask for it. She then emphasised that service charge was not included. Thought that was a little too impolite.

Small issues - would still recommend a visit to this restaurant. Reservations necessary.