All reviews orange trees private patio private residence week tour of morocco pastilla private home harira soup biscotti residential area beautiful property boutique hotel an oasis rooms are large quiet location next morning the ground floor one night stay
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

A very nice and spacious hotel that had a lot of charisma and uniqueness to it. It was decorated well and all fixtures and fittings were in a good state of repair with the exception to some furniture in the pool area that could do with an upgrade and general clean. The room service was efficient. We enjoyed a massage from the spa followed by a drink in the lounge. Would certainly visit again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mrprvaughan
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Nicest, coziest hotel in Rabat. Beautifully and eclectically furnished. Set in lovely gardens full of citrus trees and flowers. Nice restaurant and good breakfast. Staff are very friendly. Sitting by the fireplace sipping a glass of wine before dinner -what more could one ask? Feels like home; a very nice home.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a tour and really enjoyed it. Our room was spacious and had a patio with orange trees. Walking through the property was a pleasure. Not only were there orange trees- there were also loquats, palms and huge hydrangeas. The courtyard was lovely, too.
The bathroom had a great bath and the heater below the towel rack dried everything beautifully.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Whilst my wife has been to Europe 3 times, this was my first experience "traveling abroad". I had no idea what to expect, but since most of my travel has been to "fishing destinations" in Central America, I seem to prefer a "Third World Experience" with a "dash of panache". I realize that Morocco is a dichotomy of 21st century hustle & bustle in Casa Blanca & Rabat contrasted by an old world experience that can be had east of the Atlas Mountains for example in Erfoud, Merzouga & Ouarzazet.
When we arrived at Villa Mandarine we were greeted with the traditional tea by a very accommodating staff. The grounds of the villa were lush & the orange trees heavy with fruit. The rooms & courtyard were delightful and there were all manner "eye treats" to be enjoyed on ones traverse from their room to the bar & onward towards the dinning room. There is abundant light, color & all manner of architectural forms to capture one's attention. The room was very bright & comfortable. The bathroom was generous in size & the bathtub quite accommodating. I was the consummate woodworker for 35 years in Houston & I found all the details in the Villas construction delightful. I could ramble on, but as "they" say...whomever "they" are, A picture is worth a thousand word so....check out my photos.....

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bflachance
Reviewed 7 March 2018

I very much enjoyed the 2 nights I stayed here. The garden grounds and decorations were beautiful. I'd describe the style as French country but also somewhat eclectic. The corridors were adorned with many interesting and attractive items: pottery pieces, paintings, etc., that made it enjoyable to walk around and examine everything. The frequent singing of birds was a delight.

Our room was very clean and comfortable, not a huge size but quite adequate. The small balcony area with table and chairs overlooking a garden area was a nice touch.

We had two breakfasts; the quantity of selections was not large but the quality was very good. We had one dinner here; the harira soup and pastilla dessert were delicious, but the leg of lamb main course was overcooked and tough.

I only oberved two negatives. The wifi signal and internet access were frequently very weak throughout the day; it was much better at night presumably because of less usage. The neighborhood is reportedly a higher-class, expensive area, and therefore relatively safe. There is a supermarket and small shopping mall (with a money exchange office, bank, and a food court) just several blocks away. However if you are looking for a hotel location that is walking distance to the center city of Rabat or other tourist sites, this is not the proper hotel for that. But I definitely preferred the beauty, ambiance and amenities of Villa Mandarine over a more convenient location.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple