All reviews orange trees private patio week tour of morocco private residence pastilla private home harira soup public rooms residential area beautiful property biscotti french family boutique hotel rooms are large an oasis first stop quiet location
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Whilst my wife has been to Europe 3 times, this was my first experience "traveling abroad". I had no idea what to expect, but since most of my travel has been to "fishing destinations" in Central America, I seem to prefer a "Third World Experience" with a "dash of panache". I realize that Morocco is a dichotomy of 21st century hustle & bustle in Casa Blanca & Rabat contrasted by an old world experience that can be had east of the Atlas Mountains for example in Erfoud, Merzouga & Ouarzazet.
When we arrived at Villa Mandarine we were greeted with the traditional tea by a very accommodating staff. The grounds of the villa were lush & the orange trees heavy with fruit. The rooms & courtyard were delightful and there were all manner "eye treats" to be enjoyed on ones traverse from their room to the bar & onward towards the dinning room. There is abundant light, color & all manner of architectural forms to capture one's attention. The room was very bright & comfortable. The bathroom was generous in size & the bathtub quite accommodating. I was the consummate woodworker for 35 years in Houston & I found all the details in the Villas construction delightful. I could ramble on, but as "they" say...whomever "they" are, A picture is worth a thousand word so....check out my photos.....

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank bflachance
Reviewed 7 March 2018

I very much enjoyed the 2 nights I stayed here. The garden grounds and decorations were beautiful. I'd describe the style as French country but also somewhat eclectic. The corridors were adorned with many interesting and attractive items: pottery pieces, paintings, etc., that made it enjoyable to walk around and examine everything. The frequent singing of birds was a delight.

Our room was very clean and comfortable, not a huge size but quite adequate. The small balcony area with table and chairs overlooking a garden area was a nice touch.

We had two breakfasts; the quantity of selections was not large but the quality was very good. We had one dinner here; the harira soup and pastilla dessert were delicious, but the leg of lamb main course was overcooked and tough.

I only oberved two negatives. The wifi signal and internet access were frequently very weak throughout the day; it was much better at night presumably because of less usage. The neighborhood is reportedly a higher-class, expensive area, and therefore relatively safe. There is a supermarket and small shopping mall (with a money exchange office, bank, and a food court) just several blocks away. However if you are looking for a hotel location that is walking distance to the center city of Rabat or other tourist sites, this is not the proper hotel for that. But I definitely preferred the beauty, ambiance and amenities of Villa Mandarine over a more convenient location.

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed 13 February 2018

This hotel was arranged through our Gate 1 Discovery Tour of the Allure of Morocco. We loved our two night stay. Everything was beautifully done. We also enjoyed a massage in the spa area. We would return to this lovely place.

Date of stay: January 2018
1  Thank Diane P
Reviewed 24 January 2018

This is a retreat! You feel as if you are in your own garden with all the pleasure of spa and dining available to you. Good food, nice breakfast buffet. Well appointed room with a real flair for Morocco style.

Date of stay: November 2017
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Wonderful family owned hotel in the midst of orange trees and a wonderful garden. A perfect place to relax from a business trip or just for a city visit of Rabat and its surroundings. Rarely had a better sleep and breakfast in a hotel.

Date of stay: July 2017