All reviewsorange treesprivate patioprivate residencebustling cityweek tour of moroccopastillaprivate homeharira soupbiscottiresidential areabeautiful propertyboutique hotelan oasisappointed roomsquiet locationnext morningthe ground floor
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Whilst my wife has been to Europe 3 times, this was my first experience "traveling abroad". I had no idea what to expect, but since most of my travel has been to "fishing destinations" in Central America, I seem to prefer a "Third World Experience" with a "dash of panache". I realize that Morocco is a dichotomy of 21st century hustle & bustle in Casa Blanca & Rabat contrasted by an old world experience that can be had east of the Atlas Mountains for example in Erfoud, Merzouga & Ouarzazet.
When we arrived at Villa Mandarine we were greeted with the traditional tea by a very accommodating staff. The grounds of the villa were lush & the orange trees heavy with fruit. The rooms & courtyard were delightful and there were all manner "eye treats" to be enjoyed on ones traverse from their room to the bar & onward towards the dinning room. There is abundant light, color & all manner of architectural forms to capture one's attention. The room was very bright & comfortable. The bathroom was generous in size & the bathtub quite accommodating. I was the consummate woodworker for 35 years in Houston & I found all the details in the Villas construction delightful. I could ramble on, but as "they" say...whomever "they" are, A picture is worth a thousand word so....check out my photos.....

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bflachance
Reviewed 7 March 2018

I very much enjoyed the 2 nights I stayed here. The garden grounds and decorations were beautiful. I'd describe the style as French country but also somewhat eclectic. The corridors were adorned with many interesting and attractive items: pottery pieces, paintings, etc., that made it enjoyable to walk around and examine everything. The frequent singing of birds was a delight.

Our room was very clean and comfortable, not a huge size but quite adequate. The small balcony area with table and chairs overlooking a garden area was a nice touch.

We had two breakfasts; the quantity of selections was not large but the quality was very good. We had one dinner here; the harira soup and pastilla dessert were delicious, but the leg of lamb main course was overcooked and tough.

I only oberved two negatives. The wifi signal and internet access were frequently very weak throughout the day; it was much better at night presumably because of less usage. The neighborhood is reportedly a higher-class, expensive area, and therefore relatively safe. There is a supermarket and small shopping mall (with a money exchange office, bank, and a food court) just several blocks away. However if you are looking for a hotel location that is walking distance to the center city of Rabat or other tourist sites, this is not the proper hotel for that. But I definitely preferred the beauty, ambiance and amenities of Villa Mandarine over a more convenient location.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2018

This hotel was arranged through our Gate 1 Discovery Tour of the Allure of Morocco. We loved our two night stay. Everything was beautifully done. We also enjoyed a massage in the spa area. We would return to this lovely place.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diane P
Reviewed 24 January 2018

This is a retreat! You feel as if you are in your own garden with all the pleasure of spa and dining available to you. Good food, nice breakfast buffet. Well appointed room with a real flair for Morocco style.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Wonderful family owned hotel in the midst of orange trees and a wonderful garden. A perfect place to relax from a business trip or just for a city visit of Rabat and its surroundings. Rarely had a better sleep and breakfast in a hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business