See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 September 2016

Avoid at all costs. The staff in this lodge were continually deceitful to us, first by not mentioning the existence of an additional tax when we booked online. Second they offered a tour at a vastly inflated price, finally they lied about the price of taxis to the airport in order to trick us into booking their hotel taxi service. Reading other reviews it seems this sort of bait and switch behaviour is quite common. Also no locks on the doors!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Zac G
Reviewed 2 September 2016

The bedroom had a double and single bed, and sitting area with en suite shower room and toilet, situated on the first floor around a central open courtyard hung with jasmine, with birds in. So there was birdsong in the mornings. The air conditioning worked (it was 40 degrees during the day) The family that run it were very relaxed and friendly, we had orange juice provided on arrival, 2 sorts of bread with 2 sorts of jam and coffee and juice for breakfast. They organised a taxi to get us back to the airport and took us to the taxi rank - essential. Not easy to find if you haven't been to Marrakech before, as taxi access is not easy. Not super smart - the shower head was missing, not all the electrical sockets worked, but clean and full of ethnic colour.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Good treat in general. Both managers of the hotel were very friendly. Looking forward to stay again at this riad next year. Although I wouldnt describe this hotel as luxurious I would say it was very beautiful and peaceful perfect for young travellers. THANK YOU VERY MUCH ABDO.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2016

The owner has been extremely rude and borderline threatening since I arrived. He mocked me for being a "spoiled American" and cursed at me several times. I'm the only one here and frankly I feel unsafe. There are no locks on the doors and I feel unsafe leaving my belongings here. I don't know what to do at this point, but I have never felt so unsafe on any of my travels around the world.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank livefreeretiree
Reviewed 1 August 2016

I have only good things to say about Riad Dar Eliane. It is a peaceful oasis of tranquillity amid the beating heart of the buzzing Medina and Souks. Beautiful decoration throughout, the bedrooms are spectacular and the bathrooms eloquently pristine. The view from the roof (on which you can sunbath or chill out with a book) is breathtaking. Easy to reach the main square and all the Souks. A perfect place to call base camp when experiencing the wilds of North Africa.

Room Tip: Maybe get directions to the Riad before you arrive in Marrakech.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends