All reviewsjean peresbahia palacepetit princehis teamroof terracemirage rooman oasissmallest roomthe main squarejewish quarterthe hustle and bustlecooking classmint teabreakfast is servedairport pickupatlas mountainshidden away
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful quaint little hotel. It’s centrally located close to the Bahia palace and within walking distance of the Medina. It truly is a little oasis in the wonderful chaos that is the Medina. Breakfast was delicious. We loved our stay and would definitely go back.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed there in November the weather was warm for a few hours and cool the rest of the time
The riad was run very well breakfast was good and plentiful
Staff where nice
Room was good but a little cold at night heater was supplied but ceilings are so high not much heat stayed with you
Overall I would stay again in warmer weather

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

This is my second visit to Riad Dar One and I am desperate to go back! The staff are friendly and happy, the riad is beautifully decorated and relaxing. Jean Peres the owner has done a fantastic job and is always willing to help. It is a true oasis from the hustle and bustle of the medina. I couldn’t recommend it highly enough! Planning another visit in 2018!

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

So I stayed at Riad Dar One about 9 years ago and loved it, so we stayed again for 1 night this year round.
Everything I loved then is still there. It’s such a gorgeous little corner of Marrakech and run so well by Jean and his team.
We stayed in the entry level Mirage room and whilst it is cosy it’s so comfortable, with an amazing bath!
I’d definitely recommend staying here, with the brilliant roof top terrace for breakfast, super comfortable beds and friendly service. The location is great too being right next to the Bahia Palace which mustn’t be missed.
Thanks Jean and the team for a great stay again’

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Normally when I travel I am just looking for a decently priced room with a bed and a shower. I never saw this place coming. It is unique in its style and welcoming in its personality.

To get to the riad, you get dropped off by the Bahaii Palace where you are greeted by a member of the staff. You are then led thru a short path thru alleys (its all right turns getting there, all left when you leave), and ends in a beautiful giant old door that only adds personality to the place.

You will deal with one of 3 main concierges (for lack of a better word) in Abdel, Hasan or Khalid. All of are gentlemen, offer suggestions on locations to eat or things to see, and all speak English very well if you have any concern about that.

I was offered an upgrade to a larger room but I have my own issues with ground floor rooms so I passed and stayed in the Petite Prince room. The room is beautifully put together and while a smaller room, there is still plenty of space. It is furnished with a large bed, night stands and a dresser (with a bouquet of flowers on top). The bathroom is more than spacious and contains a huge shower. Along with the shower are options in body wash and shampoo which smell like nothing I have smelled before in that kind of product. On top of which, you will have thick, soft towels and robes to use.

Take advantage of the roof! There are chaise lounge style chairs and a large platform/bed in the corner to spread out on which is under shade. The wall is too high to really see anything but I spent 2 nights up there pulling on a cigar sitting out in the cool night air. Feel free to ask them for a beer (probably wine too) while lounging on the roof or in the courtyard.

The breakfast is simple but delicious. Daily I got an egg (omelet one day, hard boiled another), freshly toasted bread, freshly squeezed juice, coffee, jam, butter, honey, coffee, milk...the works. Nothing that is exotic or knocks your socks off but all quite good.

I had an excursion get cancelled at the last minute and they liased with the travel company due to some language barriers. Abdel offered many great restaurant suggestions when I arrived.

I have never left a lodging establishment and felt so strongly about what positive experience I had and how much of a positive impact it had on my trip.

Please take care of them because they will take care of you.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo