Riad Dar Anika
Riad Kaiss(Marrakech)
Riad Suliman(Marrakech)
Riad Dar One(Marrakech)
1,404 results
All reviewsriad darmanager antonioroof terracerose watermint teathe main squaredecorated with rose petalsatlas mountainshis teamthe entire staffan oasishammam and massagethe hustle and bustlestar servicefresh fruitfirst morningboutique hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Staying at the Dar Anika Riad was the highlight of our trip to Marrakech. The place was charming, very atmospheric and in a good location to walk to the market! The rooms were clean and had nice amenities. We were greeted by a very attentive staff with tea and cookies as we checked in. A very nice start. We asked for the dinner service that was offered and enjoyed a delicious homecooked meal for two on the candle lit rooftop. It was delightful. We found out too late that they would have provided cooking lessons which we would have done had we known. This is a hidden gem.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MBHDubai
Reviewed 8 April 2012

A peaceful place right in the middle of the hectic medina. Lovely breakfast served by helpful staff in the sun on the roof top overlooking the city and nearby stork nests. Try a classic, private hammam to get clean after a day around the busy souks. And treat yourself with a candlelight dinner made by the riads own chef afterwards. It is all tasty and made from ingredients bought the same day at the local market across the street. When we arrived we were greeted with mint tea, dates and morrocain cookies and an inspirational introduction to the city including how to survive traffic, handle souk sellers and get the most out of our intended routes and sightseeings. And that simply set the standard for the entire experience. We stayed for a week and loved every day.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Birgitte R
Reviewed 23 March 2012

From the moment we arrived (late at night) to a welcome of mint tea and biscuits, to when we left 4 days later we were thoroughly spoilt at the the Riad Dar Anika. The hotel is centrally located near all the major sites. The manager and staff are fantastic, catering to all our needs. They produced an amazing breakfast on the roof terrace each day as well as a fabulous meal in our own private dining room one evening when we didn't feel like venturing out (at £16 per head for a delicious 3 course meal, we thought this was really good value).
The rooms are comfortable and well equipped with modern bathrooms (including a lovely bath).
The Riad has only 10 rooms so we hardly saw other guests and seemed to have the beautiful roof terrace to ourselves whenever we went up there for tea or to relax after a day out.
A private guided tour and a restaurant booking were organised for us by the manager.
All in all I would highly recommend this Riad to anyone looking for a base to explore the old city of Marrakech.

Room Tip: Room 3 is very quiet even though it's a bit smaller than the BIG suites (rooms 1 & 2)
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 39jo
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Comfortable luxury room, tasty food, beautiful architecture, service second to none and in the middle of it all. The best weekend I have ever had.
Thanks to Samir who looked after us like we were the sultans. Will back for x-mas.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Elie8
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I stayed at the Ryad for 4 days and as a first time visitor to Marrakech I was anxious about finding the right accommodation at a reasonable price. The right accommodation to me meant great facilities, excellent customer service, good food, good location (distance for all Marrakech has to offer) and nice cozy reasonably sized rooms. I read people's reviews on this Ryad and then called them directly to get a sense of what they were really like and it was the best decision i made because they sounded like they would tip all my boxes, but i was still sceptical because sometimes what you expect isn't what you get when you actually get there. Upon arrival they welcomed me with mint tea and biscuits, Abu the owner opened a map and told me what was what in Marrakech and generally guided me through what to do whilst I was there. He then took me on a tour of the Ryad, from the hammam room by the courtyard to the roof top terrace where i could have breakfast. Samir the manager ensured I was well looked after on my trip, made sure I didn't lack for anything, went above and beyond the call of duty to make me extremely comfortable and told me what to look out for when I was out and about (he behaved like a caring big brother). The rest of the staff generally did everything to please me and make me forget I was in a hotel. Honestly I felt like I was at home, even down to the TV and fire place in the living room area (and the blankets dotted around which I could wrap around myself if I felt a little chilly). Imagine being in your own home and not having to be in your bedroom to watch TV but either swimming in the pool in the courtyard or hanging out with friends in the very cozy well equipped living room? Imagine paradise in the midst of the beautifully exhilarating chaos of the old Medina in Marrakech, Morocco. That's Riad Dar Anika for you. It allows you to step in and out into 2 different worlds. "The best of both worlds" this to me is what defines an amazing holiday. I got to see most of what Marrakech had to offer but still come back to the tranquility of an amazingly serene hotel. If you're planning a trip to Marrakech, staying at Ryad Dar Anika is probably the best decision you'll make once you've booked your ticket because trust me Abu, Samir and the rest of their team certainly know what to do and how to make you feel like a part of their family was coming home to visit. It's not really about hospitality, it's about understanding what it really means to make a member of your family feel loved and welcome. Thank you Ryad Dar Anika for giving me one of the most memorable holiday experiences to date. I've fallen in-love with you guys and I can't wait for everyone else to fall in love with you too.

Room Tip: Some rooms on the ground floor and top floor have better internet and phone reception than other rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo