All reviewsroof terracebeautiful riadplunge pooltagineold citykasbahdiscreethammamcourtyardlanternssquare
Reviewed 27 July 2010

Stunning Riad, lovely owners, right in the centre of the action, roof terrace... what more do yo need?! Would love to go back.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2010

This is the only review I've ever left on Tripadvisor. Had such a great experience in Marrakech and at Dar Karma. Our flight arrived 2 hours late from Madrid and our driver was waiting for us without issue at the airport. The staff were very professional, and we got by despite there being a language barrier (we spoke neither French nor Arabic, and the staff speaks some English). Generally, anything we requested, they were happy to do. We ate breakfast on the roof terrace every morning. We had dinner one night at the riad and it was private and very romantic. We stayed in suite 2 - I had a chance to walk through all of the other rooms except what I believe is suite 1, directly across from us overlooking the courtyard. The rooms were all nice, but our suite was definitely the best we saw, especially because of the red tiles in the bathroom and HUGE shower with high skylight. Felt like we were showering in the open air everyday, it was great. I imagine suite 1 has the same, but I'm not sure. We also had a large terrace to ourselves overlooking the courtyard. It was so peaceful to sit on the chaise out there and listen to birds chirp. They served us tea and pastries on arrival. They opened the hammam whenever we wanted, although we still arent sure we used it correctly. Overall, I really liked this place. Although there are many nice resorts in Marrakech, we were happy we went with the more traditional experience. The walk to the main square is about 15 minutes and you pass lots of interesting things along the way. Also, the riad's internet was very reliable, great for me traveling with iPod touch and my boyfriend with his laptop. Riad itself is beautiful, very ornate ceilings and woodwork.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Just came back from Dar Karma I absolutely LOVED this Riad. When I started looking for a place to stay in Marrakesh, I found it very it very confusing as there are so many Riads looking fabulous and all the reviews are generally quite good. We decided to go to Dar Karma first and then to Palais Rhoul in the Palmeraie. This is why I would go back to this Riad:

- our suite (Suite 3) was beautifully decorated and big
- the bathroom was modern and very clean
- the Riad is beautiful and very cosy
- the hammam is quite big, nice and clean is free and always opened
- the massage is out of this world
- they offer free Internet wifi is very convenient for Iphone users and is great as the local Moroccan network isn't very good
- Nice rooftop where you can sunbathe or/and have a drink
- Very good breakfast
- We had dinner at the Riad and lunch. Having tried all the fancy places in Marrakesh and the "best local" spots, the food at Dar Karma was outstanding and authentic for a very reasonable price. Great selection of Moroccan wines (Le Medaillon).
- Tea is served whenever you want with nice Moroccan pastries
- I initially thought that the location wasn't great but I believe (after few days in the Palmeraie and talking to some friends who stayed in the Medina) that the location isn't bad at all. It's not an area where you'll find a lot of tourists and is a 15-20 minute walk to the Medina but it's only a €5 (or equivalent) drive to most places which is very convenient for the evenings. The manager will order a cab for you.

And I kept the best for the end: the staff! Roger and his team will make your stay a real pleasure. They are welcoming, professional, helpful, efficient and so friendly that you feel at home from the minute you enter the Riad.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yasss
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Dar Karma is a very beautiful riad hidden away in the back alleys just off the rue de la Kasbah. Some friends of ours had recommended it to us and we were not disappointed - we spent four wonderful nights there and enjoyed every moment of our stay. The riad is beautifully decorated and our bedroom had the most ornate painted ceiling and stone work, together with a large and airy bathroom. Breakfast was good, especially the warm pancakes. We ate dinner at the riad on two evenings and were delighted with the simple but delicious Moroccan cuisine which we were served - well worth it.

During our stay in February, only two of the rooms were occupied and so it often felt as if we had the entire place to ourselves. Although it was not quite warm enough to benefit from the pool or the large roof top terrace, we made the most of the hammam and the cosy fireside lounge. The owner and staff were always very helpful and made our stay very comfortable - kindly upgrading us to a suite because our pick-up from the airport had been delayed (a quick phone call sorted this all out).

Although a little bit of a walk from the main square, all in all, this is a great place to stay and one which we would highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2010

This Riad is enchanting,from an amazing ,crazy world outside, to peace and tranquility inside.
The interior is beautiful and comfortable,yet still remains traditional.
The staff are excellent,very helpful and if you chose to stay for dinner you wouldnt be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple