“Not the best value for money”
Review of Isis Spa

Isis Spa
Ranked #14 of 135 Spas & Wellness in Marrakech
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Place is quite nice looking and well located. We booked a package for couples, including hammam and massage.

Hammam was quite okay… well.. scrubbing was nice, about 45min altogether. One woman taking good care of us. Minus comes from the very narrow and slimy mats. Trying not to fall didn’t make me feel too relaxed and idea about laying down my cheek on that slimy mat wasn’t too tempting.

Massage was just complete waste of time and money. Over half of the time this masseuse massaged one spot of my left feet with one hand, other hand taking care of phone. Even when I moved my legs so that she for sure realised that I realised, she just kept playing with her phone.. Also when her co-worker noticed that she’s not moving anymore that one lazy massage hand, co-worker cough and if it didn’t wake her, she said something and then same repeated again… She for sure wasn’t any sort of masseuse. She had no idea what she should do, nor she was interested in anything else than her phone.

Some tea was served afterwards, while waiting for locker room to be free.

Sleepy looking guy at reception didn’t seem to be interested about anything, but somehow managed to take our money.

Really poor value for money.
Price would be acceptable, if service improves.

All reviews
"couples hammam and massage"
in 13 reviews
"steam room"
in 9 reviews
"language barrier"

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Beautiful spa. I had a manicure and facial. Both very good with a very good facial massage. Very reasonable prices and service.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have enjoyed fantastic massages in all parts of Marrakech. We used spas at the top end and some that we cheaper. Despite this being a fairly expensive one it was nowhere near the quality it should be. We booked a couple’s massage and requested that only females masseurs be present in the spa. This was completely ignored until I had to intervene.

With regards to the hammam, rather than very hot water the water they used was almost boiling and was consistently thrown into my wife’s face despite her repeated requests to stop. Ironically, feeling as though you are being waterboarded is not an act that puts one in a state of relaxation.

When my wife asked one the attendees to stop throwing the water in her fact, she laughed and carried on despite her colleague hearing exactly what happened and shouting that she was told not to do so.

Quite a horrible experience as a whole with the veneer of nice settings. Do not go here. I give it two stars as the location itself is very nice.

Either go for a cheaper spa where you get what you pay for (and some which I found to be much better) or pay the top end spas which are more expensive but are fantastic like Bains D’Orient.

1  Thank Waqar S
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

We booked in for a Hammam, which is an amazing (albeit very unusual) experience. The place is so relaxing, the staff are so friendly and there is literally an aura of zen around all of them. Would especially recommend the Hammam by Sihab (I’m so sorry if I spelt that wrong!) as she does an amazing job.

leilaz250, Propriétaire at Isis Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Hate to see you again. Thank you for this comment that made my team so happy, thank you for your visit and we are happy with your satisfaction,
I take advantage to announce you the schedules RAMADAN: 7/7 DE 11H A 21H (last reservation at 19h, cut between 19H ET 20H (break of the young) welcome
Leila

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 May 2018

Three of us flew into Marrakech yesterday on an early flight. Having been travelling since 01.30 hrs I felt we needed to do what the old desert travellers did and have a Haman. I had been to ISIS before and knew it was good so booked all three of us in for 2.00 pm. After a rest at our Riad we had a light lunch and walked over. The business has a very unassuming entrance and at first I thought this could not be it, but it was. We were greeted by Simo on the desk who spoke good English. Two of us had a Haman body scrub and 1 hour massage at 450 Dirham each (£36ish), with Geof opting for just the massage. All of the staff are Moroccan and I was introduced to Faty who scrubbed a layer of skin off my tired body and then to Souad who brought me back to life again with a marvellous massage. All three of us left feeling refreshed after our 2 hours in this tranquil establishment. We hope to find time to visit again before we fly home. Take your swimming trunks!