“Neither the cheapest nor particularly good.”
Review of Isis Spa

Isis Spa
Ranked #14 of 141 Spas & Wellness in Marrakech
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have enjoyed fantastic massages in all parts of Marrakech. We used spas at the top end and some that we cheaper. Despite this being a fairly expensive one it was nowhere near the quality it should be. We booked a couple’s massage and requested that only females masseurs be present in the spa. This was completely ignored until I had to intervene.

With regards to the hammam, rather than very hot water the water they used was almost boiling and was consistently thrown into my wife’s face despite her repeated requests to stop. Ironically, feeling as though you are being waterboarded is not an act that puts one in a state of relaxation.

When my wife asked one the attendees to stop throwing the water in her fact, she laughed and carried on despite her colleague hearing exactly what happened and shouting that she was told not to do so.

Quite a horrible experience as a whole with the veneer of nice settings. Do not go here. I give it two stars as the location itself is very nice.

Either go for a cheaper spa where you get what you pay for (and some which I found to be much better) or pay the top end spas which are more expensive but are fantastic like Bains D’Orient.

Date of experience: February 2018
2  Thank 786waq
All reviews
"couples hammam and massage"
in 15 reviews
in 11 reviews
"bit tricky to find"
"deep tissue massage"

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

We booked in for a Hammam, which is an amazing (albeit very unusual) experience. The place is so relaxing, the staff are so friendly and there is literally an aura of zen around all of them. Would especially recommend the Hammam by Sihab (I’m so sorry if I spelt that wrong!) as she does an amazing job.

Date of experience: May 2018
leilaz250, Propriétaire at Isis Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Hate to see you again. Thank you for this comment that made my team so happy, thank you for your visit and we are happy with your satisfaction,
I take advantage to announce you the schedules RAMADAN: 7/7 DE 11H A 21H (last reservation at 19h, cut between 19H ET 20H (break of the young) welcome
Leila

Reviewed 5 May 2018

Three of us flew into Marrakech yesterday on an early flight. Having been travelling since 01.30 hrs I felt we needed to do what the old desert travellers did and have a Haman. I had been to ISIS before and knew it was good so booked all three of us in for 2.00 pm. After a rest at our Riad we had a light lunch and walked over. The business has a very unassuming entrance and at first I thought this could not be it, but it was. We were greeted by Simo on the desk who spoke good English. Two of us had a Haman body scrub and 1 hour massage at 450 Dirham each (£36ish), with Geof opting for just the massage. All of the staff are Moroccan and I was introduced to Faty who scrubbed a layer of skin off my tired body and then to Souad who brought me back to life again with a marvellous massage. All three of us left feeling refreshed after our 2 hours in this tranquil establishment. We hope to find time to visit again before we fly home. Take your swimming trunks!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

To end my trip I opted for the couples duet package at this spa. Upon entering the spa looks lovely and very welcoming, we spoke to a well spoken gentleman who understood and spoke english very well. We started off in the hammam room and I must say that room could do with some improvements as it isn’t a pretty site. It seemed very old the lady doing the hammam was pleasant we had the usual black soap scrub followed by the charcoal mask , however we waited in the hammam room for over 1hr she was in and out and every time she came back into the room she would pour some water over us and then leave. In the middle of us just “waiting” she was using a plunger to unblock the drain and then started mopping the water out of the room bear in mind my husband and I were both nearly naked just sitting there watching! That was very awkward and I would say unprofessional. After about an hour we was told the massage room was ready and as a good gesture they let us use the Jacuzzi for a few minutes. That all being said the massage ladies did well and we enjoyed it. Other then that I don’t think I would be returning again. I would recommend visiting other spas that have been a much better experience like Les bains de Orient or Les Bains de Azhara.

Date of experience: April 2018