All reviewshot showercleaning ladieswill stay there againroof terraceperfect locationthe main squarefirst floordjemmamattressescourtyardmedinaprosconsriadreceptionisthassanpalace
Reviewed 2 December 2016

We got such a sweat deal in this riad! Lovely bright room with spotless bathroom, hot shower(!!!!) and comfortable bed. The room wasn't big but big enough for our needs especially that there was the city to explore and a nice sitting area on the roof and near the reception. After over a week of trekking in the mountains hot shower and clean bathrooms aren't an obvious thing I appreciated this place even more! + the staff was super nice and helpful :-)

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Only two minutes away from the famous jamaa el fna square, in a very quite alley, you can find this cosy and comfy little Riad hotel. It was totally renovated and refurbished, as stated out by the friendly and helpful staff members. It's outstandingly clean and spotless. I liked the authentic Moroccan deco and design and most importantly the rates that are very affordable if not a steal (around $25).

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 November 2016

Great location - right near the Djemaa al fna, simple clean room with a newly refurbished en-suite bathroom.

Amazing value at 3,500 dhs (€35) for a double, en-suite, including breakfast during COP when the city was packed out.

This is the second time I've stayed here, it's certainly had a re-furb since last time - fresh paint and new bathrooms, the place is much improved.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ella232
Reviewed 22 March 2016

You can enjoy the mild evenings of Marrocco on the terasse very nice and also have your breakfast up there. The rooms are okay, the toilets like everywhere else in marrocco and the price is totally good. You do not get as much noise from Jema el Fna as you would expect.

All in all a typical marrocan place!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Simon Johannes S
Reviewed 22 February 2016

Hotel Essaouira is located in the heart of Marrakesh Medina (Old town) near Djemaa al fna. It's very cheap (Single Room 90 dh), cool in winter like many hotels/hostels in morocco. For small breakfast you pay 15 dh, big one 25dh. You eat breakfast at the roof - which offers hell of a view! Simply amazing!!
Normally the receiponists are friendly but a bit reserved, but one or two where really nice and gave me tips where to eat really good tajine and lental soup for a fair price. He eats there himself during his lunch break. And it was really good!!! I have to look up the name and will write a review about that soon, too.

I found my room clean and felt safe, cause you could lock your door with a thick locket. My single room was on first floor and had one window - out to the riad. That was quite new for me, but ok. If you needed privacy you simple locked it up too. I think every room has its own sink, so you don't have to leave the room when brushing your teeth or washing your face. It had no warm water thoug.

With my sister I stayed here two nights in a double room for 100 dh, The roof was quite adventures (The wallpaper came off a little) But other than that it was good. Had a window to the outsite.

Showers on top floor where all right. Just two of them. I made sure to get up early in the morning, so I could take my time. They are cleaned in the morning and in the afternoon.

The vibe is quite alternative. I had a neighbour playing his guitar and singing old hippie songs which was really nice. Most of the people were really friendly but I think everyone just looked for a cheap, clean and safe room while exploring marrakesh.

Nearby I found a very small pottery at crossing of Bouloukate and Riad Zitoun Lakdim - really nice and humble salesman, not pushing at all (gift shopping at its best).

Recommended!

Room Tip: I think the rooms in the back are more private since the have a separate small entrance before stepping into the room itself.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo