Hotel Essaouira is located in the heart of Marrakesh Medina (Old town) near Djemaa al fna. It's very cheap (Single Room 90 dh), cool in winter like many hotels/hostels in morocco. For small breakfast you pay 15 dh, big one 25dh. You eat breakfast at the roof - which offers hell of a view! Simply amazing!!
Normally the receiponists are friendly but a bit reserved, but one or two where really nice and gave me tips where to eat really good tajine and lental soup for a fair price. He eats there himself during his lunch break. And it was really good!!! I have to look up the name and will write a review about that soon, too.
I found my room clean and felt safe, cause you could lock your door with a thick locket. My single room was on first floor and had one window - out to the riad. That was quite new for me, but ok. If you needed privacy you simple locked it up too. I think every room has its own sink, so you don't have to leave the room when brushing your teeth or washing your face. It had no warm water thoug.
With my sister I stayed here two nights in a double room for 100 dh, The roof was quite adventures (The wallpaper came off a little) But other than that it was good. Had a window to the outsite.
Showers on top floor where all right. Just two of them. I made sure to get up early in the morning, so I could take my time. They are cleaned in the morning and in the afternoon.
The vibe is quite alternative. I had a neighbour playing his guitar and singing old hippie songs which was really nice. Most of the people were really friendly but I think everyone just looked for a cheap, clean and safe room while exploring marrakesh.
Nearby I found a very small pottery at crossing of Bouloukate and Riad Zitoun Lakdim - really nice and humble salesman, not pushing at all (gift shopping at its best).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Medina neighborhood in Marrakesh, 100 m from Palais de La Bahia, Riad Hôtel Essaouira features free WiFi throughout the property. Every room has a private bathroom equipped with a shower. You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property. The riad also provides car rental. Museum Dar Si Said is 201 m from Riad Hôtel Essaouira, and Cooking School is 300 m from the property. Menara Airport is 4 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Riad Hotel Essaouira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Essaouira Hotel Marrakech
- Hotel Essaouira Marrakech