1,313 results
All reviews pool view room small balcony pool side piano bar sister hotel pool staff great pool the main hotel half board airport transfer pancakes jemaa el palace concierge french poolside roses
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We stayed here back in September 2014 but only just got my Trip Advisor profile! Hotel Es Saadi is a beautiful hotel with big luxurious rooms and great views. We asked for a pool view room both times we stayed here and weren't disappointed! The pool itself was tranquil and tropical and the bar staff are attentive. I would recommend taking your own towel down as sometimes there was a bit of a wait for clean ones. The breakfast was amazing - but terrible for your waistline!

Es Saadi is in Hivernage, which is the newer, richer and less traditional part of Marrakech. We spent a couple of days here and then a couple in a Riad in the Medina so we could have the best of both worlds. Whilst in Hivernage, you can walk to several good restaurants (Comptoir Darna was our favourite) and there is a supermarket within walking distance also. Taxis hover about outside the hotel and will take you to Jemaa El Fna, but just have your wits about you and do your research about how much to pay.

Our only criticism for this hotel was that it took aaaaaages to check into our room, and we kept having to walk back to the front desk to check how long it would be, instead of them giving us any indication. I would stay here again though!

Room tip: Ask for a pool view!
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Set in a very good location in Hivernage, Es Saadi Marakech Resort Hotel is good value for money. Breakfast staff are nice and well mannered, staff by the pool are slow and it's very hard to get their attention. The staff in the spa are lovely.

The rooms are outdated - the rooms in the Palace are much better.

We had the unfortunate issue of a very expensive handbag going missing in one of our rooms, which miraculously reappeared after making a complaint. The guest relations manager was meant to get back to use regarding the issue, but he did not, meaning we had to leave the hotel before resolving the issue. I've called the hotel since my stay to speak to the general manager of the resort and have still not had a response, although they have all my contact details and have claimed to call me (my phone has yet to ring, nor have I received a voicemail).

Very disappointing customer service!

Room tip: Put all valuables in a safe or locked in your suitcase
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Kaydine C
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Marrakech is an oasis of architecturally splendid hotels, sophisticate in interiors, and most with lavish gardens. These hotels consistently win global top hotel awards. This hotel is not one of those hotels. It is more a functional hotel with value for money. Its like a coming home to family kind of experience. You wont find more friendly reception and concierge staff anywhere. The rooms are tired, but to compensate they are spacious, super clean and always smelling of the perfumes of roses. Beds are large and comfortable. I dare you to find a better value breakfast anywhere and you get to eat it in the surrounds of an immaculate colorful garden of roses, palms and citrus. Though its a destination hotel for many because of its proximity to the Marrakesh Casino and its extra large outdoor pool for lounging around and the indulgence of its Haman and Spa, its location in the heart of Hivernage makes it a perfect choice to embrace all the restaurants etc in this famous area of Marrakech. The hotel's restaurant Gastronomique prepares a menu of fine dining from the family's organic vegetable garden just outside Marrakesh. And, if you feel like a light room service I highly recommend the Chef's creamy vegetable soup

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Got to the hotel at around midnight, only to find our room was not prepared for us with children. Had to wait for beds to be made up for kids. Asked 4 times to fix air condition to no avail. Housekeeping leaves 2 towels for us, when we are 4. Ask front desk to make change and they won't do that unless you convert money so they can make a profit. Hotel is very dated. Lobby is beautiful but that's where it ends. Would not stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Visited Marrakesh and stayed here with my girlfriend. We experienced some of the rudest behaviour I have ever experienced anywhere in the world. My girlfriend and I are still dumbfounded as to why this was. I wouldn't stay here again, ever. The hotel itself overall was fine. But the staff were in a class of there own when it came to their utterly disrespectful treatment to my girlfriend and I. Shocking to say the least. After watching the way other guests of different nationalities were treated by the hotel staff we are under the impression the contemptuous treatment we received was for some reason due to the fact we were from the uk. Which is quite disgusting.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ollym123