All reviews rooftop pool jean paul private terrace relais chateaux laundry service room rate master suite an oasis hotel organised large suite orange blossom gorgeous hotel great spa main courtyard travel agent haven of peace spa treatments
Reviewed 9 January 2018

We finished our trip in Morocco at this hotel, and truly a great experience. The rooms are elegant, the staff is warm and delightful. We had some of our best meals, lunch dinners.

The setting is beautiful

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Compagnon, Directeur général at La Villa des Orangers - Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Dear andydmi,
What a great way to end a trip in Morocco and what an honor for us. We are very thankful to our team that delivers day after day since 20 years, a high level of service.
We have shared your compliment about the food with our Chef, Jean-Claude Olry.
Kindly,
JP Compagnon

Reviewed 2 January 2018

The short story is, this place is utterly amazing and perfect.

Now here is the long story. Before booking, I had done an intensive research on all Riads in Marrakesh in order to organize a special birthday for my husband. After reading lots of reviews and comparing all the Riads my decision fell on Villa des Orangers. I had very high expectations but this Riad managed to exceed them by far.

The location is very central and it is easy to walk everywhere. The staff are extremely friendly, helpful and professional while leaving your own privacy - the service was just outstanding.

We booked through their website directly so lunch was included and I would have not liked to miss a single one. The food was excellent and the setting next to the pool could not be better. We tried for dinner different restaurants but our favorite was the restaurant within the Riad. Fantastic menu and very cosy environment.

The Riad itself has a beautiful design. It is very elegant but not sterile. You feel like home in every single corner. We loved the courtyard full of orange trees. Any better way of waking up than with the scent of orange? Within the Riad you find many areas where you can relax , have a tea or read a book. We loved all the fire places which gives a very cozy feeling during winter time.

We also made use of the Spa. The girls were very nice, professional and the room for the Hamman was very imposing.

The management are incredibly helpful, fast and professional. They gave us an upgrade to an incredibly nice room. Most remarkable: they posted back to London, via express delivery, some jewelry that I had forgotten in the room. So honest and kind! Also, they were very thoughtful on my husbands birthday and they organized a fantastic cake and a beautiful gift.

I have been traveling a lot and I must say that this hotel was one of the nicest places I have ever stayed. It is the perfect spot for a getaway if you prefer the small boutique hotel to the big hotels. We have been extremely happy with the choice and I can recommend this hotel with best feelings. It is an Moroccan dream. I can’t wait to be back!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2017

"Best hotel ever" vote from my family. Attentive, comforting service in a serene setting.
Excellent food. Beautiful decor. Hotel manager and concierge were extra helpful with various requests to make our stay pleasant, full and enjoyable.
Thank you for a making cherished memories - I hope to visit again someday soon.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Relais & Chateaux
Reviewed 10 December 2017

I have stayed, or have booked clients into Ville De Oranges 5/6 times over the past 6 years and have been to Morocco about 10 times in this period. Ville De Oranges, is an experience on a world class standard. The staff are excellent: kind, attentive, without crowding you out. The rooms are beautiful and authentic. The common areas and cozy, and one easily finds a nook that you feel you are in your own private area. The spa is amazing too as is the dining menu. Jean- Paul and Suhail run an incredible operation, I would recommend it all that visit Marrakech as the only choice when visiting the Medina.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2017

We stayed for 4 nights and loved this place. Classic, elegant Arab architecture with a lovely quiet room just of the inner courtyard. A haven of tranquillity after the noise and bustle that is Marrakech. It is well-placed in the Medina for the Saddin tombs and Palace and everything is in easy walking distance. The service was excellent and they accommodated my complicated special dietary requirements with no problems, which helped make my holiday.

Room Tip: We had a ground-floor room off the inner courtyard which was quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple