All reviewsarabian horsesbeautiful hoteljacques garciaunadulterated luxuryattentive pool staffhotel designexceptional hotelamazing poolrange roverroom serviceinterior designercoffee and juicethe pool guysluxurious staymoroccan restaurantla mamouniawonderful spa
Reviewed 15 January 2016

In an age where security is becoming more inportant than ever this hotel made me feel very safe upon arrival. A check on the car before entering the grounds and then a metal dector before entering the lobby.

So very happy to see this and well done to management on offering this level of security to your guests.

The hotel itself is beautiful and has the feel of a top luxury hotel. The decor is rich and lush. A swift check-in and we are shown to our room. A wonderful room with balcony and pool views. Perfect!

I had a meal in the Selman booked and was very much looking forward to my meal as you pass the restaurant on the way to the rooms and it looks like the perfect restaurant. Service was professional and friendly and the food was very good and well presented. I was recommended a number of local wines and they were as good as any classic wine which was a great suprise. This restaurant is the perfect restaurant for a romantic meal as is the hotel.

The following morning breakfast was organised as a private breakfast in the hotel garden overlooking the swimming pool. The most amazing breakfast setting of my life. The hotel organised for their world champion show horses to strut their stuff while we ate breakfast. A breakfast I will never forget...

Dinner the second night was in the Assyl the Moroccan restuarant. A very special place to have dinner as it feels like you are sitting in a old world palace. The food is exactly what I wanted and was the perfect local meal cooked by an amazing lady. The service was faultless and another great meal in the Selman.

This hotel would be my perfect hotel for a romantic getaway and I very much look forward to returning some day.

Room Tip: Pool View rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Foodlover080
SelmanMarrakech, Directeur général at Selman Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2016

How can we thank you for such warm appreciation!
We have indeed no other choice than to be safe and make our client feel the same.
We are glad you enjoyed your signature breakfast as we decided since few months to position our self differently. Thus, we imagined a new position in the hospitality industry by creating a new role as scenographer like in theatre. His role is to create emotional experiences to our guest.
We really look forwards welcoming you back again to your second home in Marrakech

Reviewed 23 November 2015

My wife and I had arrived at the Selman after spending a few days at the La Mamounia.

We chose the Selman, as we wanted the best of both worlds; a relaxing stay away from the busy medina but close enough to travel there easily and the Selman was perfect for this. The Hotel is stunning in architecture and design and certainly has that wow moment when you first arrive. Highlights for us included the amazing Arabian horses, which really gives this place its soul, a stunning collection, which we could really appreciate even though we have very little knowledge on horses. The Sunday brunch with an equestrian theme was also great, The spa certainly is up there with the best and our surprise dinner arranged by management was the icing on the cake.

The staffs are definitely the ones who deserve the biggest praise as they indeed made our visit very special. Mr. Aadil (restaurant manager) was particular charming and hospitable, Mr. Yaseen also very accommodating. Also the assistant Manager Mr. Romain was extremely good with us and is definitely an asset to this hotel.

Look forward to coming back again soon someday.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mohammed B
SelmanMarrakech, Directeur général at Selman Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2015

I had shared your testimony with the entire team and they were all proud !
they do remember very well your visit and the pleasure they had taking care of you

please do not hesitate to contact me directly to organise you trip in the future to your second home here in the red city

with best regards

Karim fehry Fassy

Reviewed 23 November 2015

The Selman is a 62 room luxury hotel owned by one family. It opened in 2012 and no expense has been spared! It is a truly unique hotel and definitely makes you feel like you are in someone's home rather than a hotel. The hotel is stunningly and lavishly designed and decorated. Apart from the oversized and dazzling chandeliers, lavish furnishings and beautiful interior decoration, there are many antiques and precious decorative pieces displayed around the property. An integral part of the property is the horse theme. One of the owners has had a lifelong passion for purebred Arabian horses and the horse gave inspiration for the hotel project. The horse is also representative of the Moroccan culture and we had the opportunity to visit the magnificent architecturally designed stables and see the beautiful horses display their skills.

The famous French architect and interior designer, Jacques Garcia, was responsible for the hotel's design and decoration. The hotel is located on the edge of Marrakech but only a 10 minute taxi ride from the main square/medina. We were on a tour so the hotel location did not matter . In fact, it was very peaceful and relaxing to be away from the noise and hustle and bustle of central Marrakech. The architect describes the hotel as an oasis with water in the centre and then the gardens and the buildings surround the central pool and extend upwards from there.

The staff are fantastic, the dining is also the best. The hotel is sublime!

Room Tip: There would not be a bad room anywhere in this hotel. We were on the 2nd level with beautiful view to the east - perfect for sunrise!
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gay B

Many thanks for such testimony!
the entire team very much enjoyed reading it and sharing it among each other as the fruit of their hard work.
we hope to welcome you back to Selman again

best regards

Reviewed 19 November 2015

I staid 2 nights in the Selman Hotel, and I must say the Selman Experience just blow me away!

The Selman is more than a hotel. It’s a lifestyle and an Experience by itself.

Their Signature breakfast is Unique in the World!

Being a family-owned property with a huge passion for horses, it’s one of the few hotels (maybe even the only one) with a stable in Morocco.

In fact, you can walk in the stable, see the horses, take pictures with them, and touch them! So fantastic! It was the very first time that I could be with horses while in a hotel!

Indeed, the Selman signature is all about sharing this wonderful passion with us.
From the design of the rooms to the breakfast, the passion for horses is well present. As I love horses, I couldn’t be happier!

We arrived around 1 AM, however the staff welcomed us and helped us immediately. They were very chatty and friendly with us, which made us feel well since the moment we arrived!

The guest relation took us to our room and explained us everything we needed to know: from the room service, to the Tv, and lights.

My room was spacious and beautifully decorated (see images), I had a living area with sofa, a table with chairs along complimentary dry fruit and apples. The room has a huge terrace with a stunning pool and garden views equipped with a huge white sofa, chairs and a table – perfect to have lunch outside.

I really loved the Nespresso machine with 3 complimentary capsules, the incredible LCD TV that become a mirror once turned off, the massive wardrobe with safety box, and of course, the amazing set of Shampoos, Conditioners, Body Lotions, and Shower Gel.

“At which hour would you like to take your breakfast?” asked me the guest relation.

“At 10 AM”. I replied, before he left.

Next morning, we knew we had a surprise for breakfast, but we had no idea of what would be. Once in the lobby, a Lady took us to the garden front of the Assyl restaurant, which is the highest spot giving panoramic views of the hotel, gardens and pool.

In this garden we saw a table ready for 2. She helped me to seat. And the maître d’hôtel arrived. He introduced himself and asked about our tastes and likes for breakfast.

In few minutes, the table started to be filled of delicious food: from fruit, French pastries, omelets, sweets, Moroccan soup and crepes. There was no space left!

As if it wasn’t enough having a private breakfast with a panoramic view of the whole hotel, a beautiful brown horse arrived!

I immediately got up and went close to the horse to play with him. Such a wonderful animal! He was very calm. His brown fur was so soft and smelt very well! 20mins after the first horse, another came in! This time his fur was all black. By what the staff told us, there were only 2 horses like that in all Morocco: one belongs to his Majesty the King, and the other one was that one! This horse even got beauty awards!

Having breakfast while playing with horses was definitely one of the most unforgettable experiences in my life and the best breakfast ever!

After breakfast, I chilled over the pool and went to my terrace to have lunch.
Everything was perfect and I truly enjoyed the hot weather of Marrakech!
The staff was always impeccable, prompt to help you, and very friendly.

I took innumerous photos of the Lobby, as I must say, it’s one of the most beautiful, mystic, and magical I have ever seen! (see images)

During the afternoon, we got tea in the terrace near the pool and watched the sunset there. Speechless!

At 6PM, I went to the Spa in order to do a Hammam and a detox massage.
The Spa has a huge interior heated pool with white chaise longues, as well as 2 external pools in the Spa private yard.
My Hammam was extremely pleasant and relaxing. I didn’t do the shampoo but I obviously did the scrubbing part to eliminate all dead cells.
After the Hammam, I drank lemonade while lying down in a chair. My partner meanwhile was on the pool. After 15 minutes, my therapist welcomed me in order to go for the detox massage.
The detox was a mix of drainage and suction cup, which I truly appreciated (after all the sweets I have eaten it could only be beneficial!).

Once the detox massage finished, my therapist explained me my metabolism weaknesses and what should I do to take care of them.

The Spa was supposed to close at 8.30 PM, but I got out at 9! It was 2 amazing hours of pure wellness!

I went to my room to get ready as I was attending an Event at the Assyl restaurant. There was an incredible horses demonstration, and wine degustation. I made new friends from LA and we spent all the night chatting till 1 AM! I ended the night eating tagines at 2 AM in my room (thanks Selman for your incredible 24hours room-service)!

My second breakfast was in the Pavillon, an open space with a terrace and a large varied buffet. Everything was delicious and again the staff impeccable!

All my stay has been an authentic dream and pure heaven!

In sum, I recommend the Selman Hotel for anyone who’s interested in having more than just a luxurious stay, but an unforgettable experience!

If I would go back? I would live there if I could!

Room Tip: Room with garden views offer an amazing terrace!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melanie M

How can we thank you for taking all the time to share with the world your experience?

Million thanks and for sure, you are the most welcome anytime. I would love next time to organise myself your travel if you allow me to.

With warm regards

Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

The best luxurious place in marrakech. Great service. Great cuisine...with a perfect chenot spa ...i would recomand this peaceful place.
If you are looking for a real escapade with the best service this is where you need to be

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Mehdi H

What a great feedback! thank you so much for sharing such review with travelers from around the world!
The entire team thank you and we really hope to welcome you back one day to your second home here in the red city.
warm regards