All reviews arabic lesson cooking class shopping list moroccan cooking cooking experience tagine beautiful riad edwina culture ramadan
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Edwina is a wonderful chef and an even better person. The entire experience was so well thought out – from the time we entered Edwina's quirky and beautifully decorated riad to the time we left with a food coma. She took a personal interest in catering for our vegetarian only requests while crafting the menu. Edwina gave us some Arabic lessons and we were off to the markets to pick up fresh produce to cook with. This was followed by some quality cooking and practical tips from Edwina and her assistant Hesna. Thanks to House of Fusion, my husband and I were able to end our vacation on a high note. I can't wait to try out some recipes on my own!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Edwina G, Owner at House of Fusion Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

It WAS a wunnerful day wasn't it! AND high notes really are the ones for leaving from..anywhere! DO let me know of your very first Moroccan dinner party where you put the V right smack bang in Vegetarian..thanks for coming to cook with us x

Reviewed 1 June 2018

My mother and I wanted to learn some local cuisine cooking during our time in Marrakech. We could not have asked for a more unique experience with Edwina. We went for the half day cooking class, starting the morning making our list of produce we needed from the local market. Edwina gave us a quick language lesson and we noted down all the phrases we needed to order our ingredients from the market. I think this is such a great idea, not just visiting the market and shouting pigeon English at the locals. We then headed back to her beautiful Riad and spent the day learning, laughing and cooking. She gave us such insight into liviing in Marrakech for the years she had and we worked with Hesna, a local chef to prepare, cook and eat such a feast! It was so admirable to Hesna, who helped us all day whilst on Ramadan and unable to eat or drink during the day. The class is perfect for those bakers, home cooks wanting to get some techniques and recipes of Moroccan cuisine!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Edwina G, Owner at House of Fusion Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

AND how very lovely cooking with you both and I hope you have a wonderful time, once home, cooking it all again! Do come back! Cheers, Edwina

Reviewed 7 May 2018

My husband and I learned to cook excellent Moroccan food with Edwina. We prepared our menu, learned the Berber language, phonetically, went off to the market to get our ingredients and spent several fun hours preparing and eating our 8-course lunch. It was truly the best food of our trip.

We look forward to preparing the wonderful dishes at home.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Edwina G, Owner at House of Fusion Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

It was lovely cooking with you both and I so look forward to news of your Moroccan dinner parties once home! Thank you for your lovely words x

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Mother, daughter trip to Marrakech with Edwina’s Riad cooking class our favorite event of hour holiday. She’s spicy and so knowledgeable on all cuisine Moroccan. “Garbage” was her description of the curtesy mint tea offered at carpet shops. Edwina showed us how to rinse (4x) the dirt out of tea.
We learned enough specific Arabic to buy our ingredients at the market. The preparation of food was great fun. And then the final production of our efforts. Ooh, la, la.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Edwina G, Owner at House of Fusion Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

It was joyous having you both to cook AND to dine and to make tea with you, in a way fitting the palates of the goddess you surely are! Dying to hear news of your Moroccan dinner party..I am SURE it will be the makings of at least a musical..good travels home and know we will all stand before your stove in LA one day x

Reviewed 8 February 2018

If you come to Marrakech, make certain a cooking class at House of Fussion becomes the highest priority on your to do list. Edwina and her Moroccan assistant are a culinary duo made in foodie heaven. Edwina is tremendously accommodating— structuring a vegetarian class for me. The class included menu planning based on the things students like, creating a shopping list, a quick Arabic language lesson to be able to go shopping for the food items, a tour of the Medina in search of the best vegetables, prepping all of the food and herbs, lecture on spices, tea preparation and how to serve it, cooking the food and preparing a tajine from scratch. The results are sensational. The presentation of the items cooked is breathtaking and then one gets to eat it!! The highlight of my trip. Subsequently, I had the privilege to return to the House of Fussion for lunch. It knocked me out!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Edwina G, Owner at House of Fusion Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Oh lovely words! It was sheer joy having you at the prep table and your pastry hands were truly a symphony in motion! Thank you both for coming to cook with us, it really was a splendid day wasn't it and how lucky were we to have you return for lunch a few days later and foodie swoon all over again! Safe travels home to stand before your stove like never before! Cheers Jose, Edwina