All reviews atlas mountains family hotel junior suite swimming pool lovely pool tagine villa spa retreat taxi medina morocco french relaxation terrace desert transfer
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

This Hotel deserves negative stars and has left a black space in my heart.

We called around lunch time share that it was our honeymoon and we were wondering if they could do something special. They refused and said that the ladies who do the "special stuff" have already left.

We arrived late due to train being delayed several hours and when we arrived Younes at the front desk requested payment after we had been travelling and very tired. This hotel was a gift for our honeymoon and we were disappointed when we were greeted at 2am with someone requesting us to pay. Instead of sorting it out in the morning so we could enjoy our time as relax. It took roughly 20-30 mins to sort out. No one in the hotel was wearing uniforms and it felt strange and unprofessional.

When we were finally shown to our room we were positioned in the back corner of the hotel down under ground in what felt like a bunker. We felt so uncomfortable, not accomodating at all and we felt isolated. There was 2 dead cockroaches in our room and nothing made special to make us feel like we were just married and on a honey moon. We laid in the bed exhausted and trying to forget about what happened yet the pillows were uncomfortable I couldn't rest. We then packed our things in hope for a change to a new room. We went out and explained to Younes's we were not comfortable and he showed us a new room which was far smaller than our orgiginal room. It was higher than our last room (not underground) tho the windows were high and we were not happy with it. I have travelled for years and I've stayed in all sorts of accomodation, yet this was by far the worst experience I've ever had.

We shared that it's not what we thought and went to reception where we repleatedly wanted to talk to a manager or someone who could help us and accomodate. Younes's said there was no one at this time. I was heart broken. We then went into the lobby to wait for a taxi and he didn't even have the dignity to turn the lights on for us. So we sat in the lobby in the dark, sad that our experience couldn't be like we imagined. Uncomfortable from disrespect we went and waited on the floor outside the front gates for our taxi to arrive

I would never recommend this hotel.

This hotel was the worst experience i have ever had in my life.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Smail B
Reviewed 3 August 2018

The room looked nothing like the pictures.

It was very expensive to leave the hotel into Marrakech town £36 return taxi leaving us with little choice but to stay and pay extortionate prices for drinks dinner and lunch- a one course meal for two often cost around £50 without alcohol! Freshness of food also very questionable... Staff are helpful and friendly, they're the only ones who make the hotel OK. Would never come back! Look elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jdani878
Reviewed 11 July 2018

ok so where shall we start. I had great expectations for this place. I wanted to relax and not do very much . And as it is quite a way from central marrakech it seemed perfect.
When i arrived the place seemed lovely . Very interesting grounds. The villas seemed lovely. My room was not as advertised but was still lovely.
Although the terrace which could be lovely was very dirty and covered in bird mess. Of course you are in the middle of the desert so it will be dusty but there seemed no effort to clean it . Also there was a cute cabana but with nothing to lie on so seemed pretty pointless
There is nothing in the room as far as any info on the hotel , not even how to use the phone . or what facilities there are or any sort of contact. Bit frustrating.
The pool,....... the pool is lovely. and to be honest i just sat with my headphones and slept and didn't do much at all which was perfect. But no one there is that concerned about towels or anything much . You have to ask and someone will give you a towel , but they are not quick to clean anything up .
Basically it is as if at some point someone set this place up and then left . !! i have read reviews that make it sound amazing but for some reason whoever is running it is not really that bothered anymore.
The restaurant area is nice. and at first i thought it was all cute . with little birds flying in and out and singing , there are also many kittens walking about .
Until of course you realise that the birds are on the breakfast tables pecking at the food . and the kittens , jump up on the table to get your food. And of course people do treat the which only encourages them ! But it is what it is
I eventually found the library which is great. , though mainly french . but of course the outside space which could be lovely is covered in dust and sand and bird poo so is completely unusable and when i went in there , there were used coffee cups etc lying around.
One day i went up on the terrace of the main building to see the view only to discover there were FOUR other pools !!!

Villas 5 6 and 7 i think have a pool at the back of the building which is lovely when you consider i had the farm outside of mine. which is lovely but i would have preferred a pool
there was also one out side the building which is obviously for events .
Although the pools are nice they have a bit of furniture scattered around . not really cared for . not really any parasols . The sort of thing would be nice if you want peace as the pool can be noisy with music and as i found out on the day i left. they ship coach loads of people in and i guess charge them to use the place. !! I wouldn't have minded being given some info on this when i arrived .
The restaurant. .... well the food is nice. but after a few days of alternating between a few menus it gets boring . chicken and chips beef and chips tagine ! which i tried but was dry and boring . and they are not big on vegetables . Soups were lovely so made sure i had those . But it is all a bit expensive . london prices with wine . My room rate was reasonable but the food and drink really added up .
The whole place is quite unfriendly i found . No body really talks to you or each other . thats the staff and other guests . Something about the atmosphere .
I didn't mind as i was not really in the mood for socialising . but its not really a friendly vibe . The restaurant at night has no really atmosphere all tables facing the pool . they dont really make the most of it.
It almost feels as if its a hotel thats a few months away from opening .
When in fact its a place that has been let slide.
My maid\cleaner was great did a great job of looking after my room and tidying for me so that was great .
I did visit the spa. IF you are used to a spotless white kind of environment then dont expect it . The whole of the treatment room have dirty red carpet in them.
The rooms were generally quite dusty broken windows dirty beds . but the towels were clean so that was ok . i had a massage which was good and pedicure which was also good . but they certainly need updating and cleaning . As it also wasn't that cheap
i stayed five nights and was ready to leave but then

Someone needs to go in there and shake the place up
because it has a lot going for it but it is not the place i read about in some of the travel reviews

Room Tip: try to be upstairs and get a villa with a pool
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
6  Thank mcintoshian
Reviewed 6 July 2018

This is the second time I have stayed at the Fellah Hotel in the past 4 years and it did not disappoint.
I recognized many of the staff from my previous visit (as they did me) and I found this to be a very reassuring sign. We were always greeted with smiles and found the staff to be friendly and welcoming and happy to help.
I think it's important to remember the ethos of this hotel - it's laid back in nature (which is exactly what I personally am looking for in a holiday) and encompasses a rich and luxurious interpretation of 'hippy chic'. It's not Claridges - think more chilled Ibiza.
The pool was sparkling clean and the rooms are beautiful with lots of character. The food was also much improved since my last stay and more varied, simply delicious.
I will 100% return to the Fellah Hotel and hope to see some familiar faces with people who seem to enjoy life and don't take it quite so seriously... :-)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This place is just so lovely that it’s almost sad that the staff ruins the whole experience for you. Moroccan people are extremely nice and polite, and I was treated very well during my 3 week visit to the country, so I was a bit thrown off by the lack of service at this place. The hotel is great, large rooms, amazing library, gardens, gym, yoga studio, lots of places to chill- the perfect venue for a several day getaway out of town with lots of things to do on site so you will not be bored being isolated from Marrakesh. Having said that, the staff seems to cater to the ladies who brunch and come to use the pool with their kids on the weekends, rather than the international guests. So, the hotel and the venue, I would give it a 10/10, but the staff, a 4/10. Please note- I was there in March of 2017 and not July, but I cannot select March because it’s over a year ago.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple