All reviews atlas mountains family hotel junior suite swimming pool lovely pool tagine villa spa retreat taxi medina morocco french relaxation terrace desert transfer
Reviewed 3 August 2018

The room looked nothing like the pictures.

It was very expensive to leave the hotel into Marrakech town £36 return taxi leaving us with little choice but to stay and pay extortionate prices for drinks dinner and lunch- a one course meal for two often cost around £50 without alcohol! Freshness of food also very questionable... Staff are helpful and friendly, they're the only ones who make the hotel OK. Would never come back! Look elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jdani878
Reviewed 11 July 2018

ok so where shall we start. I had great expectations for this place. I wanted to relax and not do very much . And as it is quite a way from central marrakech it seemed perfect.
When i arrived the place seemed lovely . Very interesting grounds. The villas seemed lovely. My room was not as advertised but was still lovely.
Although the terrace which could be lovely was very dirty and covered in bird mess. Of course you are in the middle of the desert so it will be dusty but there seemed no effort to clean it . Also there was a cute cabana but with nothing to lie on so seemed pretty pointless
There is nothing in the room as far as any info on the hotel , not even how to use the phone . or what facilities there are or any sort of contact. Bit frustrating.
The pool,....... the pool is lovely. and to be honest i just sat with my headphones and slept and didn't do much at all which was perfect. But no one there is that concerned about towels or anything much . You have to ask and someone will give you a towel , but they are not quick to clean anything up .
Basically it is as if at some point someone set this place up and then left . !! i have read reviews that make it sound amazing but for some reason whoever is running it is not really that bothered anymore.
The restaurant area is nice. and at first i thought it was all cute . with little birds flying in and out and singing , there are also many kittens walking about .
Until of course you realise that the birds are on the breakfast tables pecking at the food . and the kittens , jump up on the table to get your food. And of course people do treat the which only encourages them ! But it is what it is
I eventually found the library which is great. , though mainly french . but of course the outside space which could be lovely is covered in dust and sand and bird poo so is completely unusable and when i went in there , there were used coffee cups etc lying around.
One day i went up on the terrace of the main building to see the view only to discover there were FOUR other pools !!!

Villas 5 6 and 7 i think have a pool at the back of the building which is lovely when you consider i had the farm outside of mine. which is lovely but i would have preferred a pool
there was also one out side the building which is obviously for events .
Although the pools are nice they have a bit of furniture scattered around . not really cared for . not really any parasols . The sort of thing would be nice if you want peace as the pool can be noisy with music and as i found out on the day i left. they ship coach loads of people in and i guess charge them to use the place. !! I wouldn't have minded being given some info on this when i arrived .
The restaurant. .... well the food is nice. but after a few days of alternating between a few menus it gets boring . chicken and chips beef and chips tagine ! which i tried but was dry and boring . and they are not big on vegetables . Soups were lovely so made sure i had those . But it is all a bit expensive . london prices with wine . My room rate was reasonable but the food and drink really added up .
The whole place is quite unfriendly i found . No body really talks to you or each other . thats the staff and other guests . Something about the atmosphere .
I didn't mind as i was not really in the mood for socialising . but its not really a friendly vibe . The restaurant at night has no really atmosphere all tables facing the pool . they dont really make the most of it.
It almost feels as if its a hotel thats a few months away from opening .
When in fact its a place that has been let slide.
My maid\cleaner was great did a great job of looking after my room and tidying for me so that was great .
I did visit the spa. IF you are used to a spotless white kind of environment then dont expect it . The whole of the treatment room have dirty red carpet in them.
The rooms were generally quite dusty broken windows dirty beds . but the towels were clean so that was ok . i had a massage which was good and pedicure which was also good . but they certainly need updating and cleaning . As it also wasn't that cheap
i stayed five nights and was ready to leave but then

Someone needs to go in there and shake the place up
because it has a lot going for it but it is not the place i read about in some of the travel reviews

Room Tip: try to be upstairs and get a villa with a pool
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
6  Thank mcintoshian
Reviewed 6 July 2018

This is the second time I have stayed at the Fellah Hotel in the past 4 years and it did not disappoint.
I recognized many of the staff from my previous visit (as they did me) and I found this to be a very reassuring sign. We were always greeted with smiles and found the staff to be friendly and welcoming and happy to help.
I think it's important to remember the ethos of this hotel - it's laid back in nature (which is exactly what I personally am looking for in a holiday) and encompasses a rich and luxurious interpretation of 'hippy chic'. It's not Claridges - think more chilled Ibiza.
The pool was sparkling clean and the rooms are beautiful with lots of character. The food was also much improved since my last stay and more varied, simply delicious.
I will 100% return to the Fellah Hotel and hope to see some familiar faces with people who seem to enjoy life and don't take it quite so seriously... :-)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This place is just so lovely that it’s almost sad that the staff ruins the whole experience for you. Moroccan people are extremely nice and polite, and I was treated very well during my 3 week visit to the country, so I was a bit thrown off by the lack of service at this place. The hotel is great, large rooms, amazing library, gardens, gym, yoga studio, lots of places to chill- the perfect venue for a several day getaway out of town with lots of things to do on site so you will not be bored being isolated from Marrakesh. Having said that, the staff seems to cater to the ladies who brunch and come to use the pool with their kids on the weekends, rather than the international guests. So, the hotel and the venue, I would give it a 10/10, but the staff, a 4/10. Please note- I was there in March of 2017 and not July, but I cannot select March because it’s over a year ago.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2018

I recently stayed at Fellah Hotel which I booked through Voyage Prive.

I will go through the numerous complaints one by one from when we arrived.

We arrived early morning after a long trip from London to be greeted and sat in the reception area, we then gave over our check in details.

After around 40 minutes we became worried and wanted to find out why we had not been given a room key to which we were told the hotel was fully booked and the receptionist without asking us had booked us into another hotel.

Not sure if this is the hotels fault or Voyage Prive, but either way - not a good start.

If you are fully booked and have booked another hotel for guests, I would suggest informing them rather than letting them sit in the reception unsure of whats going on.

At this point we refused to leave as we had specifically planned our holiday around the hotel.

After asking to speak to a manager we were told they were busy and would come over soon, they never did and I still have no idea who the manager is.

We then asked for a bottle of water to which we were given our bill straight away, we said to the lady we don't have a room to put it on and she replied you do I asked reception.

Again, no word from the reception.

I then approached them again to ask what was happening and she mentioned she had found a room. No communication whatsoever.

I work in events and am very close to the concierges at the 5 star hotels in London. Rest assured as soon as they arrive guests are shown the facilities and explained to about the restaurant.

This did not happen, we had to spend time exploring as we had no idea where everything was.

As a result of not being able to find the spa, we did not get to redeem our 30 mins massage.

The building in general and the food were both amazing and I would say I can understand with both of these factors why the hotel is 5 star.

The service was below average, slow and very infuriating at time although not true for all staff. The restaurant service was slow, one evening our food came out completely cold.

To add the the above, one of my dresses went missing on the second to last day at the hotel.

I had informed the reception and they said it was "probably in my bag", which it wasn't.

From then on nothing was really done to try and find the dress the receptionist just told me to email the management. After staying I emailed the marketing and sales who said I would have to claim it on insurance instead of them actively doing anything about it.

To sum up our stay, it would be have been okay for a 3 star hotel. Sad as the hotel is so beautiful.

I was reluctant to write a review, but from the lack of response from their team I felt the need to.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends