“Quirky hotel with beauty and a romantic feel”
Review of Fellah Hotel

Fellah Hotel
Ranked #249 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

I came with my friend, but actually this trip would be better suited for a couple, even for a honeymoon stay. Quirky, offbeat hotel with plenty of charm and character, but at the same time beautiful and luxurious.
The hotel is about 15-20 mins from the medina and same from the airport. It's set a way out and not in an area you would want to go walking or exploring. The hotel complex is in its own little bubble. But, you can easily book transfers into town and back through reception.
As a result, the hotel knows you are a captive audience, and therefore prices for drinks and meals around twice what you'd pay from the street cafes in the medina. Next time, I might stock up on water and snacks while in the town, and bring them back, as the half board deal was an excellent price but we spent the same amount again on drinks and lunches! The food was beautiful, my only criticism is it's leaning toward becoming too western. The Moroccan tastes were the minority on the menu.
Beautiful swimming pool set very close to the villas and the bar/restaurant. Probably the nicest pool I've used. Complimentary towels for the sunbeds which are cushioned and very comfy and plenty of areas for shade. Even hammocks, etc for some more adventurous sunbathers.
It was fairly quiet when we stayed, not many people around, there were some families with children although I would have said for older children this would be a boring holiday, especially when there are places nearby with waterslides etc.
The bedroom was beautiful, spacious with a large king size bed and lovely shower, no door on the shower which was awkward with my mate!! But would be fine for couples. Good air con. Nice terrace out the front with sun loungers and small dining area. Fresh fruit and water provided each day, complimentary.
Overall, great trip, next time I would come with my boyfriend and would even consider for my honeymoon, just make sure you get a good all inclusive deal if you can, to make the most of it. I've not spoken about Marrakech as that would take an essay, but make sure you venture into the medina for a spot of shopping while you're there, it would be easy to just stay in the hotel complex relaxing but make yourself get out and about!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Caroline W

Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for taking your time to send us your opinion about your visit to Hotel Fellah in Marrakech, here on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that the overall valuation of your stay is positive.Your comments encourage us to continue to provide the service you expect.
We look forward to having you back.

Cordially,

Reviewed 5 June 2016

we stayed here on our final 2 nights of our marrakech trip after 3 nights at el fenn and 2 at casbah toubkal. was worried about some of the more negative comments on this site but they are so wrong...
the staff are incredibly courteous and helpful - checked us in 3 hours early, helped with sending a rug home, arranged transfers, trips etc. it was enough to hang out at the pool though and experience the views and gardens. food was really great too!
if you want some relief from the bustle of the medina then this is it!

Room Tip: we stayed in a superior suite with extra bed which was still less than £150 per night.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank nmgharris

Dear Sirs,

We look forward to having you back.

Cordially,

Reviewed 27 May 2016

We spent 3 fabulous nights here early May and absolutely loved every minute. It is very relaxed, stunning decor, fabulous food and extremely friendly, helpful staff. Really loved it and want to go back!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Judith E

Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for your comments, it is great to learn that you had a pleasant stay in our property but mostly to learn that we made our commitment, to make you feel as you deserved. We hope to have the chance to host you again.

Best Regards from all the team:),

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Booked this hotel back I'm November for my partners surprise 30th birthday trip. I have constantly been logging into trip advisor ever since keeping up to date with the reviews/photos.

Received a telephone call yesterday and email to advise they have now booked out the entire hotel to a private event and therefore our booking is cancelled. They did suggest in the email we move to another hotel down the road but made no apology or clarified whether we would have to pay an additional cost.

After ringing the hotel to complain we were told to email our concerns so they could be passed to management and we would be contacted. Have we? Absolutely not.

After planning this trip as a birthday present since November and due to travel to marrakech on Wednesday this has been an absolute nightmare. I would avoid if I was you.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank NancyMCoventry
qayqay, Manager at Fellah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion here on Tripadvisor.

I deeply regret that your experience at Hotel Fellah Marrakech did not live up to your expectations and I am terribly sorry that the service you received was not up to the high standards we strive to deliver to all of our guests. I ask you to accept my most sincere apologies and I will follow up on your comments with my team.

I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you back to Fellah Hotel one day in order to give you the excellent treatment you deserve and I personally remain at your disposal for any further comments or questions.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 12 May 2016

My wife booked this and after reading the reviews on trip advisor and booking.com i was hesitant. Was not sure what to expect BUT i was pleasantly surprised .

Fellah hotel is placed outside the Medina and the villas were amazing we had a large room with a balcony access to a lounge area and kitchen and even a swimming pool.

The staff were amazing Mohammed, Aicha, Ridwan, Younis, Hennan made our stay memorable.

I went with saleem to the local mosque great experience

The kids loved the small farm in the middle with a few animals , there was a tree house for kids and a kids club.

The wifi worked fine

The food was ok not my kind of platter but it was ok.

I found the traveling expensive from the hotel to the medina at 50-60 Euros return by taxi

There is an old man that lives in a cardboard box outside the hotel - such a happy man i left him water and food daily.

i would visit this hotel again if i can arrange cheaper transportation to the medina

Room Tip: The room we had was spot the first villa superior Suite
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family