“Superb in every way!”
other travellers have booked this property
Riad Laksiba -  Guest house, Hotel, Rooms or Exclusive Use, Kasbah, Medina, Marrakech, Morocco
Riad Laksiba - Exclusive Use from £125 Night Riad Laksiba  - Rooms from £25 Person
Check Availability
The Twin Room Two, First Floor
Riad Laksiba - Open-Air Courtyard
Bathroom In Twin Room Two, First Floor
Entrance
Dont just be a Tourist. Go Native, Experience Marrakech.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Riad -
5 Bedrooms, 5 Bathrooms, Sleeps 10
Marrakech, Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 228 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Turkish first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Superb in every way!”
Reviewed 31 December 2011 for a stay in November 2011
person found this review helpful

I booked for 3 nights not knowing what to expect, but ended up staying at Laksiba for my full 2 weeks in Marrakech. Simon, Mellak, Touria and Abdou went out of their way to make my stay not only comfortable but also a lot of fun and very, very interesting - I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have seen half of what Marrakech has to offer without their advice and guidance.

The building itself is a rare gem, beautifully rebuilt using traditional techniques with an eye for detail and sense of style. The result is a unique, well thought out, atmospheric and comfortable riad - the opportunity to relax in a place like this doesn't come along every day, in fact it's been years since I stayed anywhere half as good.

However, it is the genuine hospitality that really makes Laksiba outstanding. Simon and Mellak's efforts made me feel welcome not only in the riad, but throughout Marrakech. They seem to know everyone, can find the most obscure places, and will almost certainly be able to tell you the best way to go about things in Morocco.

It is very easy to find, close to the Kasbah gate (Bab Ksiba) so there is little chance of getting lost late at night. One of the things I really liked about the location was that when in a hurry I could head out of the gate and walk on the outside of the Medina walls - much quicker than navigating through busy streets. When not in a hurry (most of the time) the stroll through the medina to the main square is very pleasant and very friendly. The Kasbah has a nice vibe, it seems more laid back than the rest of the city, the perfect spot from which to explore both the medina and the new town and everything is within easy walking distance.

So, in a nutshell I would wholeheartedly recommend Riad Laksiba. I've stayed in many small hotels and hostels in many countries, but this one really is something special.

Travelling group: Solo
1 Jan 2012
Hello Steve, HAPPY NEW YEAR. It truly was a blast. Of all the Guests in 2011 I think you got to see more of the real Marrakech than any! At the point when I left for the UK I did find it truly rewarding that you had elected to take Javier and Kim, our newest Guests, out on an Orientation Walking Tour of Marrakech, you certainly got your head around the geography of the Medina. We all enjoyed your company and your Filming ideas. I hope all is going well in France for you and you'll come back and visit us in 2012. Simon
Ruhel Old...
Oldham
“Best Riad in Marrakech!”
Reviewed 29 December 2011 for a stay in December 2011

I went along with my wife’s family to Marrakech over the Xmas holidays in 2011, even though this was my 5th visit to Morocco I can truly say, it was my best experience and most definitely I will put it down to our group staying at Riad Laksiba.
From the very first phone call with Simon almost 4 months before our trip, Simon went to huge lengths to accommodate all our needs (there were 11 of us), and we exchanged numerous phone calls and emails to ensure our holiday was spot on, Simon along with his staff took care of everything which included our transport for the duration, including our tours.
Riad Laksiba was ideal for our group, and the staff at the Riad (Mellak, Abdou and the Maids) were more or less part of the group too and they integrated well with our family. It was the first time in Marrakech for most of the group and they all left Riad Laksiba more than happy and most definitely will return some time in future.
I think from now on, Riad Laksiba will be our holiday home every time we are in Marrakech. I would recommend Riad Laksiba to anyone who intends to stay in a Riad in Marrakech; it has fantastic staff and is situated in a great location.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and Staff
Liked least: only 5 bedrooms!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Ruhel Old...
Oldham
“Excellent Family Riad”
Reviewed 29 December 2011 for a stay in December 2011

Travelling group: Family
30 Dec 2011
Rhuel and family, thank you so much for taking time to write your thoughts on TripAdvisor. As you Booked "Exclusive Use" for Riad Laksiba over Xmas, it was not my place to be their .... as Owner.. at the same time. You treated and respected my house and my staff as your own and the feedback from Mohamed Mellak could not have been better. I am personally delighted that your trip was such a triumph. I am also delighted that your group is also filling the Laksiba Riad Facebook page with wonderful photos of their trip. You and your family will always be welcomed to Riad Laksiba. Seasons Greetings to you all. Simon.
hughbertY...
Toronto, Canada
“You just found your paradise in Marrakech!”
Reviewed 13 December 2011 for a stay in November 2011
person found this review helpful

It has taken me almost a month to write a review for Riad Laksiba because I was genuinely concerned that I would not be able to properly represent all the things that this Riad deserved. The review is pretty long but I've made sections so you can scroll and read about what's important to you!

Location: First, Riad Laksiba may seem a little far away from the action, but I found this is exactly what was necessary to make my few days of vacation the best I have had in recent memory. From the Riad, you can walk to pretty much EVERY tourist attraction in 30 minutes or less and the main square, El Fna is a brisk 10 minute walk away. It's nice to be able to escape the insanity that can be Marrakech and walk into a cool, calm, and relaxing place where you'll feel right at home. Most importantly, it's so easy to get back here, you don't have to worry about getting lost, day or night. The souks, however, are a different story ;)

Getting here: Extremely easy! Simply ask your taxi driver to take you to Bab Ksiba (pronounced 'baab seeba'). It's an entrance through the wall of the old city. From there, you take your first right down a residential street, the first left and then another left down to the end and the door is on the right. If you want, and you ask really nicely, Mellak can probably meet you at the main entrance by the wall and walk you to the Riad but it really isn't necessary. All the neighbours know where the Riad is so if you just ask for Riad Laksiba people will point you in the right direction - they might even walk you there!

The area: The Kasbah where the Riad is located is very safe and situated South of the main tourist areas. The people here are extremely friendly and helpful so don't hesitate to ask for help in your best French. This also means the area is very safe both during the day and night so there is no need to be concerned about your safety - of course regular precautions apply. There are also many services in the area including a number of stores and small markets so if you need anything it's close by, and more importantly, all available at "local" prices!

The Riad Itself: Simon, the owner, spent over a year completely rebuilding this place and has done a stunning job. From the natural cooling effect of the building, to the very nicely appointed Moroccan rooms, this place has it all. The roof top terrace has sun chairs and a set of stairs that you can climb up to look over the entire city. All of the wood work was all hand made and custom made for the riad. Simon even insisted that the walls be done in a manner which makes it look like the place was built 50 years ago - spectacular! There's also a small splash pool right in the centre courtyard which I'm sure would be a welcome relief in the summer.

The Rooms: Simply appointed but large with lots of space and a nice layout, the rooms are great! Bed was comfortable with a small space to hang clothes on each side of the bed, plus a chest of drawers and two chairs. The washroom is a good size and included a wet shower and toilet/sink. It's all combined, but this suited me just fine.

Food: Touria was always up early in the morning making mint tea, tangerine juice and Moroccan pancakes for breakfast. Simple but delicious! I didn't eat at the Riad for any other meals but I hear the tagine is excellent!

Staff: This is what made this place a cut above any other place I have ever been. Seriously. For starters, Simon and Mellak waited for me, in the rain, to arrive. My taxi driver was pretty terrible and wouldn't listen so I actually snuck up behind them from the opposite direction. Mellak was quick to make me mint tea on a cold wet day and I sat down with Simon who asked what I wanted to do so he could help plan out my few available days. It turned out to be Mellak's first day so we ended up going out as a group to see some places and try some of Simon's favourite restaurants. Simon and Mellak know Marrakech like no other and we went to places I'm sure some locals don't even know about. They're seriously THAT good. Mohammed Mellak, Touria and Abdou are all extremely well trained and will go out of their way to help you in any reasonable way they can!

Overall, this was in the top three experiences that I've ever had at a smaller hotel/ b'n'b like this and I would say a good contender for first place. The staff go out of their way to make you love the city, the people and the culture, and get to know all of the off-track places that tourists would normally never get to see. It's clear Simon has worked extremely hard at making relationships with only the best and most honest people in the city and he knows someone for anything you can imagine on your list, from tours outside the city, to rug stores and speciality items in the city.

If you've made it this far, why wait a minute longer? Book at the Riad Laksiba, it would be impossible to be disappointed.

Travelling group: Solo
16 Jan 2012
Hello Hugh, You have an extraordinary memory for detail. You have captured your stay in your review perfectly. Well done and looking forward to seeing you again in the future. Thanks for your review and reccommendations. Simon. Riad Laksiba
Alice J
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Wonderful place and wonderful staff”
Reviewed 12 December 2011 for a stay in December 2011

Our stay in this Riad was absolutely wonderful in all ways possible. The place itself is stylish ans classy, yet very inviting and cosy. The rooms are very comfortable and equipped with all neccessary facilities without overdoing it (no flatscreen TV and minibar). The Riad also has a beautiful roofterrace and courtyard where you can relax after a busy day out. The Riad is perfectly located in a slightly more quiet area than the very busy Medina but still with walking distance to the Main square, the Soak and the more quiet and upskilled Gueliz. We also experienced the locals in this neighbourhood more relaxed and less imposing than in the Medina. The staff were absolutely amazing. Incredibly friendly and hospitable while at the same time very relaxed, genuinely enjoying a good laugh and chat with the guests. The staff were also very flexible and proved to be ready to go out of their way to enable you to get the most out of your stay. Last but not least, the price per night is cheaper than in most other places. Yet, I would dare to say that the service and comfortability is among the best you will ever get, here or anywhere else for that matter.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the staff
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing