All reviewsmiriamterraceriadpalacesouks
Reviewed 6 October 2017

This Riad is such a gem! Everything is perfect about it: the location (easy walking distance to souks, palaces, mosques, etc. - but no issues with noise) - and the interior is impeccably decorated and laid out. The owners are committed to making your stay wonderful and will help you make arrangements as needed. I booked drivers and tours through them that were truly outstanding (the tour was just me and another family - so, really tailored to our needs) and meals prepared by Miriam were superb.
They sent a driver to meet me at the airport - and it helps that both owners speak English well (for those of you who are English speakers). I recommend this place, and its owners highly.

Room Tip: Don't recommend this for travelers who have difficulties navigating stairs.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
RiadLaVillaMarrakech, Propriétaire at Riad La Villa Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Annarbortraveler55
thank you so much for your post on our riad. It has been such a pleasure to welcome you. We are happy that we made your stay a pleasant moment. We hope that your many travels and adventures will take you back to Marrakesh one day, so we have the pleasure to see you again !
Warm regards
Gaia & Philippe

Reviewed 3 May 2017

After a bad experience with the accommodation that we had booked, we discovered La Villa by a chance. We didn't have a place to stay. We found ourselves with two kids tired after a long journey. Fortunately we found Gaia and Philippe and nothing could be better. They make us feel like home. They were very dedicated, attentive and friendly. The riad is amazing, the rooms are well decorated and the terrace has an excellent view to enjoy the sunset over Marrakech roofs. For sure it is a peaceful place to spend few days. If you want to have dinner at Villa, don't forget to try the lamb cooked by Meriem. Merci Gaia et Philippe. It was an amazing experience.

Stayed: April 2017
Zitem, Propriétaire at Riad La Villa Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Hi Pedro,

It has been a great pleasure to host you.
Hope seeing you soon.BR
Gaia & Philippe

Reviewed 8 March 2017

Really a great place, just spent a long weekend there with my wife and kids. Very warm welcome from the owners, the riad is amazing, beautiful decorated rooms in design/ Moroccan style, amazing view of the Atlas from the two terraces where you can enjoy food and... a jacuzzi! Food is also amazing a special thanks to Meriem that made us discovering the real Moroccan cuisine, will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank robycontardi
Zitem, Propriétaire at Riad La Villa Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

You are welcome...

Reviewed 6 January 2017

I loved staying at this hotel. It is in the "old town" section of the city, which was a great way to experience more of the culture of this wonderful place. All along the narrow roads in old town are active little markets and food shops.

For US travelers, this hotel has more of a bed-and-breakfast feel than a hotel feel. The building itself is large, but there are only a few suites. The dining and lounge areas are beautiful and cozy.

The staff is absolutely fantastic! Philippe, one of the owners, is very helpful. Not every staff member speaks English, but with my (very) limited French skills and some help from the staff members who do speak some English, we were able to communicate just fine. I stayed there for a little under a week and felt at home with the wonderful staff members who were so attentive, friendly, and helpful. The staff also helped us arrange a taxi driver--we used the same taxi all week (travel tip!!) and just had the hotel call him to tell him what time to get us and where we were going. We then arranged for him to bring us back to the hotel in the evening.

My suite (the amber suite) was beautiful with ornate details, a nice bathtub, and a sitting area.

The food was delicious! Miriam prepared crepes and eggs for me for breakfast with an assortment of jams and fresh orange juice and tea. I ate dinner there two nights and had a scrumptious Moroccan salad both nights. Breakfast was included and dinner was a tiny bit pricey, but so yummy and convenient!

To note, when you first arrive at this hotel it might be a bit concerning (it was for me traveling as a woman alone with very limited French and no Arabic) because the hotel door is just a large black door--photo included--down a little alley. The hotel arranged an airport shuttle for me and the doorman (I wish I could spell his name but he was the best!) met me to take my bags and walk with me down the alley. Once you enter this door, you are welcomed into a gorgeous open courtyard area with the little pool and a lounge. The dining area is also there and then the suites are upstairs.

I absolutely recommend this charming hotel for a stay in Marrakech.

Room Tip: I stayed in the gorgeous Amber suite! My boss stayed in a different suite on the floor above me and her room was also beautiful.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Molly G
Reviewed 23 February 2016

What a beautiful place!
Oasis of tranquility,relaxation and beauty .
Rooms decorated with exquisite taste.
Yummy Breakfast served on the terrace where you can enjoy the warm morning sun and then cool off with a swim in the nice fresh pool .
For those who make the right choice to have their meals at the villa, Myriam cooks
delicious moroccan meals.
At the end of the day ,enjoy a cocktail served in the cosy alcove around the patio and /or a wonderful invigorating massage by Myriam (not the cook) the villa physio who has
fairy fingers which relieved my neck and shoulder tensions.
The staff is quite dedicated thanks to Simone and Olivier the owners who have obviously done a fantastic job with the place.
They are available,helpful in any way so guests feel at home .
la Villa Marrakech what else?
Laurence and Patrick