“Wonderful Experience”

Four Seasons Resort Marrakech
Ranked #52 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Excellent in all aspects.
Very friendly and attentive staff
Great food
Good location
Very comfortable room
Beautiful gardens, especially at night

Finding it difficult to critise any way.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bernard G
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Luxurious rooms and public space. Expensive F&B but wonderfully willing and helpful staff. This is an hotel that will get better and better as time goes on and it 'grows' in to its own skin.

Room Tip: All very good - all big and all with a wonderful terrace.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Let’s face it, if you are going to be staying in a Four Seasons you will expect the best the hotelier world has to offer. This new Four Seasons is stunning! It seamlessly combines the luxury of a 5 star resort with a gorgeous place to relax. If coming to Marrakech you have lots of choose from (including amazing Riads, the chi chi La Mamounia and glamorous/glitzy Royal Mansour) but if you want a stunning place to relax in luxury with laid back totally personable staff then choose the Four Seasons as you won’t be disappointed. Keep in mind this is a new hotel so the grounds are youthful and the staff are getting into their 5 star service promise, but the eagerness and personality of the people here will delight you. If used to a Four Seasons rate card you will find this place very good value for money! I highly recommend it, particularly during the cooler northern European months for a bit of sun!

Room Tip: All have balconies, depends if you want a view or a nice quiet corner.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MDR04
hfrehde, Director of Sales at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Dear MDR04,
Thank you for your great review of our new resort. I couldn't agree more: The weather in Marrakech has been amazing in the last 2 months and continues to be great! Today we have 28 degrees, blue skies and sun shine. All Europeans that are chilly right now, should come visit!
Thank you also for your kind words about our staff: We have spent many hours and continue to train every employee on delivering an attentive, friendly and relaxed service to our guests.
We hope you will be back soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

The Four Seasons Marrakesh is a top resort that is located 2 miles from the medina, it offers close proximity to everything in Marrakesh without the noise of the other top hotels in the city. The grounds are beautifully maintained, the staff is friendly and attentive and the services (spa, tennis, gym, pool and restaurants) are all excellent.

The spa offers traditional 'Hammam' which is essentially a Turkish bath and full body scrub experience that is a must when you visit Morroco. You will feel pampered, exhilarated as relaxed all at once. At the Four Seasons, it is 100% traditional and without the risk of doing it at a public spa where you will feel somewhat intimidated by the experience. Ask for Hamzah, he is excellent and his English is very good and he will teach you about the history of the Hammam. One of the true highlights of the trip.

The hotel can arrange everything for you at reasonable prices. Taxis, dinner reservations, tours, shows, etc are at your fingertips with one call to their converge desk. The hotel manager Nick is excellent and made our dinner recommendation and reservation for us. The restaurants in Marrakash know the Four Seasons and will generally treat you a little 'extra special' when they know you are staying there.

The hotel also has little details that will make your stay enjoyable. Things like: live Morrocan music in the lobby, traditional mint tea served throughout the day, dates and nuts served throughout the day, free health drinks poolside and even courtesy suntan lotion provided at the pool. It's these ltlittle things in addition to the rest that makes this hotel so special.

This entire experience is a must for international travelers. The city is fantastic and I can't imagine there is a better place to stay while in Marrakesh.

• Stayed: March 2012
hfrehde, Director of Sales at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear mkalen1,
Thank you for your very detailed response. I will make sure to share your kind wors about your spa experience with Hamzah. He is indeed a very talented Hammam therapist and very passionate about what he does.
I especially liked the title of your review "Best of all Worlds" as this is what we are trying to accomplish at the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech: Give our guests the closeness to the Medina and all of it's exciting sights, combined with the service and conveniences of a Five Star resort and all it has to offer.
Thank you again and please come back and see us soon. Sincerely,

Reviewed 4 March 2012

We decided to fly to Morocco for a few days of sun after a really cold spell in our home country in Europe. No one in the family had ever been to Morocco before, but I had been reading for years that it was a culturally vibrant city and that it was definitely not to be missed. However, we like to be comfortable and I wasn't feeling very adventurous for this holiday - I just wanted to sit in the sun, read my book, and take a tour from a private guide in order to see something of a city I knew I would be too nervous to navigate on my own.
I used TA to see what others had experienced, and I narrowed my choices down to either the Four Seasons, La Mamounia, or Kasbah Tamadot. It was also my birthday and I wanted to be treated really well, not to mention stay in a beautiful 5* atmosphere.
I was a bit worried because the FS hotel was new and La Mamounia is historic - but I was turned off by one reviewer talking about cigar smoke smell and über-expensive prices, so chose Four Seasons as it was closer to the medina than Tamadot.
I feel that, for me and my family, it was the right choice. The hotel is just amazing: it is brand spanking new and everything is perfect. I also love the staff uniforms. The air smells of orange blossoms when you walk in, and there are fountains everywhere. I do agree that landscaping needs time to grow in but once that is done this place will be truly private and special.
My family and I stayed in the second best room in the hotel and I have to say it was really great. It was HUGE, totally tastefully designed, and my husband could work in peace while we hung out in other areas. I loved the bathrooms with the quasi-hammam shower area and the super giant bathtub.
The Italian restaurant was delicious and gorgeous, but the food did take some time to come. As we were a bit tired after arrival, this wasn't ideal, but it wasn't that bad.
The breakfast restaurant is also lovely and a great way to greet the day with sunshine pouring in through the windows.
My husband and I had drinks one evening in the library which was also nice.
It was still a bit too cold to use the pool for us (although I did see people using it happily) so I can't say anything about that except that the pool is beautiful and heated (I heard); the pool bar/restaurant was next to it but left enough privacy that swimmers don't feel examined by patrons of the restaurant. Service here was also a bit on the slow side but the people who work here are really just wonderful.
Everyone I came across at this hotel was professional, nice, helpful, and sincere. I worked a lot with the concierge to organize tours of the medina, a neighboring beach town, and a sunrise balloon ride, and they were just so lovely I highly recommend using them to help organize unforgettable events. We didn't bring proper clothes for the balloon ride, so they even lent us Four Seasons jackets!
I had ordered a birthday cake for my special day and it was delicious and beautiful, and the hotel comped us a bottle of champagne, and I also received a small gift when we checked out - how nice!
All in all, I would say that I would definitely visit this hotel again - it came number one on all my criteria for a great vacation stay, and Marrakech itself is a vibrant, interesting city to see at least once in your lifetime.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank heavycat69
hfrehde, Director of Sales at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2013

Dear alphornmama,

Vielen Dank fuer Ihr Feedback! We always appreciate it when our guests take the time to write a detailed and long review like yours as we are able to share it with our employees. Everybody gets very excited and proud and wants to do even more next time. Thank you for that!

We hope to see you back soon in Marrakech.

Director of Sales & Marketing