“Dinner at AZAR - Marrakech”
Review of Azar

Azar
Ranked #21 of 956 Restaurants in Marrakech
Price range: US$ 26 - US$ 46
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Libanese and moroccan restaurant located in Gueliz. Live music, belly dancers show, terrace, lounge and shisha bar. The perfect place to discover the oriental way in Marrakesh.
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We went for dinner at Azar, some Italian friends suggested us the restaurant. It was amazing ! Excellent Libanese food in a charming place , smartly furnished , with a nice performance of two beautiful dancers. Price correct.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

After looking up reviews on here, I decided to go to Azar with my boyfriend on our last night in Marrakech. I made sure we booked a day in advance because we'd had trouble getting a table at other nice restaurants. It did fill up around 9pm so I'm glad we did book. The decor is beautiful, it really is a nice restaurant. The staff were friendly and the food was delicious! We went on a Friday night so there was entertainment at 10pm. 2 belly dancers danced for about 20mins. It was good fun. After our meal we went to the upstairs bar where you can smoke shisha. The only let down was that once we got upstairs, we were given a drinks menu but no-one came up to take our orders. We were upstairs for about 45 mins when someone finally came to ask for drinks! By that time we had already called for our taxi and wanted the bill. She was quick on getting the bill! Apart from that, I would recommend this restaurant and would definately go there again. It also serves alcohol which is great!

1  Thank LeamsUK
Reviewed 4 January 2013

My boyfriend and I booked Azar for NYE as it was one of the few places in Marrakech with a website noting a NYE event and boy was it a good one! We arrived and were greeted by a camel and a friendly doorman. The decor was very modern Moroccan. It was a set 5 course meal for 125Eur pp that evening, but worth every penny. We ate a delicious French meal - duck ravioli, st. jaques carpacccio, lobster risotto, filet of beef, hot chocolate + creme brule. Just divine! The Moroccan red wine we had was 350 dirham and quite tasty. The evening entertainment consisted of belly dancers, Moroccan singers and sparklers and horns for midnight! There is also a nightclub downstairs, but it was very empty as the party was continuing upstairs in the dining room well past midnight. We'd definitely come back here again!

Reviewed 3 January 2013

spend one wonderful evening at the Azar restaurant. The food was great, the place is nice and trendy as I do like: cosy, room for all tables, and the restaurant is not huge... just enough to get some people and not too big to become another tourist attraction...

As we did not check before, we were surprise by some local music and local dancers... but a so good surprise: in a couple of minutes almost all tables staring to dance with the girls, or when the singer start with some famous Spanish musics !! just one of this amazing moment of life, that you would like to never ends !!

It will be my "required evening" each time I will stop in Marrakesh from now on !! Just a fantastic place to go ...

Price: very low for the quality and the atmosphere... just go for it ! (or I would say at the right price ;-)

Reviewed 30 December 2012

My husand and I ate here on Christmas Eve. We had initially booked another restaurant but after reading its poor reviews on Tripadvisor decided to try Azar's instead as its reviews were much better.

The doorman was very friendly and walking into the restaurant was a 'wow' moment. Amazing decor and atmosphere. We hadn't booked but this wasn't a problem. We were given a great table. For starters we had a selection of Mezze which was so tasy! I had the lamb tagine for my main course and it was absolutely outstanding. It tasted so good I ate it all despite being full and I wanted to savour every mouth full! No room for desert after 2 tasty courses!

The waiters were attentive and friendly. Was the most expensive place we ate in Marrakech but was really good value for money and a definite gastronomic highlight of the trip. I'd love to go back one day!