All reviews beautiful riad carrefour supermarket morrocan style jemaa el day trip rooftop terrace morocco medina abdul
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

This place is great if you truly want to experience the marrakech life for a few days with lovely people at your service, it’s a little bit like a hostel, only thank god you have your own bedroom and bathroom.
If you’re a person that prefers things neat and fancy, I’d recommend more a Hotel and not a Riad, but I loved the antique shabby morrocan style.
WARNING: You pay at the actual Riad, do not book from booking.com, they charge you agency fee and the money that is supposed to go to the Riad doesn’t even go through. I had the same problem as many of you and contacted booking.com directly and they told me it wasn’t charged. They people at the Riad are just doing their job. All in all, apart from booking.com ruining my and my partner’s stay at the end, making it stressful, I really loved this place! Staff is helpful, attentive and charismatic, the riad is truly morrocan, and if you like meeting new people, there are people that come all over the world to stay here :) Inshallah we will return!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2018

After staying in a beautiful Riad in Medina we had to move out for our final night as it was booked up. I thought I'd splash out a bit and pay more for a better Riad for our final night. This wasn't it. The Riad does Shabby Chic - with an incline to the more shabby! The staff do nothing to make guests aware of the noise that travels through the Riad and actually joined in with full blown conversations at 2am in the morning and wakes the whole house up. You can here people above taking a pee. I'd booked through booking.com and it said credit card accepted. I then read on other peoples reviews that the hotel had been making guests pay in cash, as there card machine had broken down. I was then asked would I be paying in Dirhams or Euros - to which I replied neither, I'll pay by card. Oh but the credit card machine is broken! All the cash machines are empty because of New Year was my reply. Guess what? The card machine miraculously started working again!!!

Room Tip: I'd go for a Riad away from the main square - better quality and cheaper.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2018

This place is below standard. I have pictures of the room and bathroom that I was given this past Bedc, and I wrote to the booking company to say that I fell sick staying just one night there. I looked and booked a hotel within a few hours of my stay in this riad.
Paint was peeling of the walls. Bathroom was musty and clogged. No lamps , no bedside table. Smoke and smoke smell in bed sheets (even in a non-smoking room).
Pictures on travel sites are doctored or a hoax as this place is nowhere close pictures on travel websites.
I contacted European destinations (though which I booked this riad) and gave them pictures of the bathrooms and walls and the mites.
This place is a hazard.

Room Tip: Avoid this riad at all costs
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2018

The riad is lovely, the rooms very nice as well. However upon arrival around 12 at noon we had to wait for a long while until we were able to check in and get the room - waiting for more then an hour, and then it seemed like the room was just missing some towels! We had waited that long, with only one day in Marrakech to explore, so this was kind of stressful. For the next morning we requested breakfast at 7.30 so we could leave at 8 AM for the desert tour. The owner only showed up around 7.45AM, breakfast was ready at 8AM. This was a bit bizarre to us as well. Overall everything was okayish, but not great.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

The position is perfect because it’s at 200mt from Jemaa el fna, in the heart of the Medina. The building is wonderful, in a perfect moroccan style. We got a very cozy, typical, clean room with every comfort (the conditioning air was useful those days!).
The staff is extremely helpful, ready to put the customer at ease and give advices for everything: we didn’t know where to buy the tickets for the train and they went to bought them for us before leaving.
Thanks Abdel for all: he was very friendly with us, we talked so much with him about the life in Morocco, and he showed us the beautiful panorama of Marrakech from the terrace of a bar at the sunset in front of the Moroccan mint tea :)
We’d choose Riad Amiris for other hundreds of times!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple