“Affordable Luxury!”

Ranked #78 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
adelaide
“Affordable Luxury!”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

This place is amazing! It's out of the medina, which means you have to taxi to get to the souks and square, but taxis are very cheap. The rooms are huge, clean and comfortable with a nice traditional moroccan design. The hotel staff are lovely! Mira, the hotel Manager greeted us on arrival and made us feel very relaxed as though we were at home and Sofia looked after us very well during our stay. All the other staff are very friendly as well. The pool is beautiful and the gardens very pretty. Dinner at the Restaurant is also a must! We were very sad to leave and will definately stay here again when in Marrakesh next!

• Stayed September 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Arabic first
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2011

From the moment we arrived we were pampered and spoilt throughout our stay,we were given a free upgrade, if you want to get away from the rat race it's the place for you very peacefull & tranquel. the food is excellent.
Myra the owner was the perfect hostess, she took the time to chat to all the guests everyday and her lovely assistant Sofia always smiling. Will be back.

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Number of staff welcomed us and knew our name. This great communication between staff continued throughout eg. after leaving key with staff A, when I went to collect my key the 2nd day staff B expected me and handed it to me before I said a word.

All staff are pleasant, always smiling (and it didn’t look forced as Ive seen in some hotels!), very playful with our toddler.

Recommend their babysitter (perhaps a bit pricey for Morrocco at 100dh/hr, which is more than we pay our London babysitter) but least you know they are trustworthy and its all done in your hotel room.
You must have food at their restaurant and try the tagine with caremalised oninions. Al fassia famous for their restaurant in Guelliz (??) which I wanted to visit but didn’t have time but if its better than their hotel’s restaurant then I’m not surprised.

Room Tip: I had the suite of riad dar sidi room 4. I checked out a 3 other Suites and think ours was the best. Impressed the wife with the 4 poster bed and large bath. Thanks to staff for putting us right next to the pool – a must with our 2yr old boy who is obsessed with swimming.
I expected at a 4/5* hotel for the pool to be heated – a must particularly for our baby who we had to take out frequently to warm him unit prices. Other than this hotel is spot on and think I’ll be back when return to Marrakesh

Room Tip: i had the suite of riad dar sidi room 4
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2011

The hotel is very nice, the room we stayed in was cleaned every day etc the en-suite was nice, constant hot water, the pool was clean and well presented, etc.

My friend had attended a conference there, which I believe was well catered for. I met her there afterwards, and we stayed an additional few days sightseeing etc.

Its not a Raid but its been done in the raid style, and looks quite good but is obviously not authentic, which didn’t really bother me to be honest.

The staff are very nice, the guys on front of house, bent over backwards to be helpful, and the girl that’s front of house manager?? Is the sweetest thing you'll ever meet. The hotel manager is a very nice lady also. I got the impression there really very nice people rather than just been nice because there at work. For example, my friend was heading to the coast the day i left and needed to book the coach in person the day before, it was clear we didn’t have a clue where the place was to get the tickets etc. So the girl in front of house offered to sort it out for us. Think one of the staff members nipped into town and booked/got the tickets for my friend. They sorted it out anyway.

Also my accent is very strong but they could understand me better than most.

The hotel has a very popular restaurant attached. The food there was very nice and we ate there a few times as it was so convenient and the food was very good, you will need to book.

The only bad thing about the hotel was it is far out of the medina etc, one of the reviews said you can walk in 30mins, I think this is optimistic and the heat will kill you, I’m outgoing but would never attempt it (we stayed 6-9th Oct, 30 degress C in the shade) You need to get taxi's. Which isn’t so bad, but after a few days gets tedious haggling for the price each time. Apart from this the hotel is great.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We were an international group staying at the hotel for 5 days and we did enjoy our stay. The reason was mostly excellent and very friendly service, particularly Sofia, who was in charge of our group. Everybody was helpful and smiling, whatever part of the day or night, nothing was impossible.

The hotel itself is modern but nice. The design refers to traditional architecture, the tiles are beautiful and the plants charming. The food in the restaurant, mostly traditional, was a pleasure too.

These pluses made up for the small problems the hotel has. I would like to mention here insufficient wireless in some areas or poor quality of tv: image of some channels was bad, loudness was not stable across channels.

Overall however excellent!