1,300 results
All reviewscream suiteorange suitebrown roomorange treesrooftop terracehammam and massagean oasisthree nightslamb taginebreakfast and dinnerevery eveningthe hustle and bustlehighlight of our tripthe ground floorstayed longermint teaday tour
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

This Riad is really very special. The environment is exactly how we imagine Morocco is on his luxurious side. The staff is extremely kind and is located right in the middle of the Médina.
You must have someone to guide you through the Médina since it’s really a maze.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Wow, this place has a lot of 5-star ratings! After staying there for close to a week with my family, we all wholeheartedly agree. As with so many other Riads, this one is set back in a fairly dreary alley just off a main drag. Ofcourse, this is part of the beauty - coming in from the bustle and often tired-looking town - and stepping into this oasis is quite the lovely experience.

After considering several Riads (this was our second time in Morocco) we decided on this one in large part because we enjoy somewhat bigger rooms and ones that are a bit more, well, "elegant" I guess is a good way of putting it. They're a bit less obviously ethnic, less like everything else on offer. Their rooms are very nice, but their suites are what set them apart - just look at some pictures and you'll see what I mean. As is typical, the rooms are scattered around with many different stairways - so if you're not comfortable walking up what can be steep stairs, get a room on the ground floor. Another wonderful feature - there are big seating areas scattered around in any number of places, so that you need never feel stressed about finding somewhere to hang out. Yes, the big room with a fireplace and grand piano will probably fill up, but there are so many choices - and (literally) on top of that there's a big roof terrace with great views. Overall we found the rooms to be quiet (we're very light sleepers).They have several suites on the ground floor looking into the central courtyard, where ofcourse there's a question about noise. They do have double-glazed windows to these rooms which makes a big difference and I certainly wouldnt call these rooms noisy - there is no dining area in the courtyard which is typically a big source of noise, but if there are people sitting out there you might hear something. If you're concerned, get a room on a higher floor. We had the grey suite and didnt hear anything. A couple of our kids spent a few nights in the Green suite and had no issues.

Last but not least are the people who work here. They're friendly, enthusiastic and will do anything and everything you want and then ask if there's anything else they can do for you - and all done in such an easy going manner. Want things arranged/booked? Special mention to Rajae, who was just so helpful and nice, double checking other reservations/hotels we had booked without being asked and just taking care of us throughout our stay. Karim (sp?) was always there with a smile and a long chat (btw - go get a chess board!). But they all deserve mention for always being there with a smile. I'm not normally this effusive, but it's very very unusual to come across such a wonderful combination of great hotel and even better staff.

Food. Breakfast and dinner are typically served on the terrace. There's a special dining area if it's chilly, otherwise there are plenty of tables to choose from on the terrace. Breakfast was great with plenty of choices, and although dinner was lovingly prepared and served, it was "just" yet another tajine (of which we ofcourse got pretty tired pretty quickly). I'd perhaps suggest ordering dinner with them the first night and then exploring other places for the rest of the time. Ask for someone from the hotel or restaurant to come get you and they'll walk you to the restaurant you want to go to. Several places are easy to find, but trust me when I say this Medina is easy to get lost in. Finally - don't skip the mint tea and biscuits in the afternoon; on the terrace, or in any of the other multitude of seating areas. Great way to wind down and boy are those cookies/bickies yummy.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jannep123
Reviewed 3 January 2018

One would be hard pressed to find a finer Riad in all of Morocco than the Laaroussa. Here the coming together of all the things I look for in my travels have coincided to create the perfect whole. From the most genuine greeting on arrival to the sweet send off 5 days later. this friendly and excellent staff made this a quality experience from top to bottom. No request seemed an issue, everything was able to be accommodated, late meals early meals, picnic meals, snacks, fruit, dining in our room, in the library even in the kitchen all requests were met with smiles and reassurances.
The garden was exactly what I had imagined it would be (you know how photos can be deceiving) open, spacious, flowers, fountains, orange trees in fruit, overall peaceful and relaxing. The location in the Medina is perfect and not a strenuous hike in or out. I would highly recommend a guide to walk you around and show the sights and experience the narrow streets of the Medina. It is after all the reason you are here in the first place; ask for MoMo you will be glad you did. My personal thanks to Kareem, Badiaa, Anwar, Malik, and Hennane for a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: The Terrace room is large and airy with a view of the ruins on the hill across the city. Also has lots of windows.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank tom l
Reviewed 27 December 2017

We loved our stay at Riad Laaroussa. The location was great, the facilities were fantastic (the pool was amazing), and the service was wonderful. I was able to have an impromptu cooking lesson with their amazing chefs (I am SO mad I didn't write down the mint lemon aid recipe better - we still talk about it and I haven't been able to recreate! :( ). We also booked a spa treatment while there - the facilities were amazing.

We booked a tour guide through them and he was awesome (we did the same thing at our hotel in Marrkesh - this one was INFINITELY better). He did take us to a pushy rug market for 'tea' (but really an aggressive sales pitch) - you may want to tell the staff that is not an activity you're interested in when booking to avoid an uncomfortable situation later. Other than the rug place - he was awesome (you can tell they really vet their guides).

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ratch123
Reviewed 25 December 2017

Could this Riad possibly be as good as all the positive reviews? The answer is yes.
A combination of courteous, friendly, and efficient service and a beautifullly restored and decorated Riad. As retired military we have stayed in accommodations all over the world and I would rate LR at the top. Fez, the medina, and Morocco are a unique experience, but thanks to the efforts of the LR staff
(Malik, Karim, Babida (sp), Rajae) the nerves of a couple of seniors were kept calm.
We stayed in the Orange Suite which was on the first floor( no stairs)and it was perfect for wife and I and our college student grandson.
I would definitely recommend a guide for your entire stay. We had Momo who was
enthusiastic and knowledable. He is used as a guide for visiting government dignitaries,
so I would book and confirm with the Riad well in advance. He is a culture and history
guide (not a shopping guide) but did show us some very nice shops.
The meals at the Riad were excellent but note that food prices are relatively expensive at all restaurants.
We arrived on Tues, left on Sat. (Ryanair from Madrid). Toured Fez with Momo, day tours to Atlas mts. and Roman ruins-needed the 4days.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family